We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Delhi in June 2018

San Diego...
5 posts
New Delhi in June 2018

Hello,

Looking for some advice and suggestions on what I can do in my short stay in India. I will be arriving into New Delhi late in the evening June 21, 2018 and departing out of New Delhi back to the states June 27, 2018 in the evening.

I know about the weather already and not the best time time to visit but still going to try to make the best of it.

Main interest in my short few days of stay is to go to Agra and see Taj Mahal.

As of right now thinking of spending one full day in New Delhi and departing to Agra June 23 Saturday since I know Taj Mahal is closed on Friday for viewing.

Any suggestions on what else I can see or recommendations on an itinerary with such a short stay during June Monsoon season?

23 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
879 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: New Delhi in June 2018

you can visit Jaipur but it will summer with temperature in the range of 45C or Varanasi, or Amritsar.

If you decide to go to Jaipur: prefer to go to one more city in Rajasthan like Udaipur, Jodhpur, Ajmer

Edited: 08 April 2018, 02:05
Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: New Delhi in June 2018

You have got only 6 days and it's hard to suggest other places, as you will waste more time travelling there, even if you fly. I certainly would spend more time in Delhi, at least 2 days, there is a lot to see. Then get a car/

train to Agra for 2 days and Jaipur would be the only place I would add. From Jaipur you can catch a flight back to Delhi on your last day...

3. Re: New Delhi in June 2018

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2018, 20:49

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: New Delhi in June 2018

Hi ,

You may plan :

Day 01 Arrive Delhi Relax

Day 02 Delhi visit

Day 03 Delhi - Mathura - Agra ( By Car approx 04 hours drive )

Day 04 Agra - Fatehpur Sikri - Abhaneri - Jaipur ( By car approx 06 hours )

Day 05 Jaipur

Day 06 Jaipur - Delhi ( By car approx 06 hours drive )

Day 07 Delhi - Home

Yes , June is among the hottest month & could be beginning of mansoon. Suggestible to avoid to do sight -seeing at peak heat hours 12 to 4 PM . Recommended to visit the city in two half morning 08 to 12 & 04 to 07/08 PM . Generally , major monuments are open sunrise to sunset time it means Monuments will be opened in general 06- AM to 07- 00 PM

Light cotton clothes & something to cover the head ( Hat / Scarff / Cap ) are also recommended.

Hari Mangal

Crabtree India Travels

Agra, Uttar...
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: New Delhi in June 2018

Here is what you can do for your upcoming trip:

June 21- Arrival in Delhi. Free time.

June 22- Delhi Sightseeing

June 23- transfer from Delhi to Jaipur

June 24- Jaipur Sightseeing

June 25- transfer from Jaipur to Agra enroute visiting Abhaneri & Fatehpur Sikri.

June 26- Agra Sightseeing. Also visit Tajmahal full moon night, this is the reason i am suggesting you this itinerary as Full moon is on 27 June but tajmahal opens 2 days earlier, since you are here on the dates having full moon so better avail the opportunity.

June 27- transfer from Agra to Delhi visiting Mathura (optional depending upon time) & Back to US.

Second half of June is hot but sometimes we have rains as the monsoons get active around 10 July.

As suggested go for the private car+driver for the journey and do the sightseeing in morning and evening hours. Try spending the afternoon either in hotel or in car traveling from one place to another.

San Diego...
5 posts
6. Re: New Delhi in June 2018

Thank you so much for your suggestion!

San Diego...
5 posts
7. Re: New Delhi in June 2018

I really appreciate all the feed back and suggestions that have been provided.

Is a private car from Delhi to Agra then to Jaipur the better alternative then by traveling by Train? I should mention that I am not by all means not trying to do this trip at the most cost effective way and willing to pay more to get around quicker and comfortably.

After reading some of the advise that I have received this is what I am looking at doing:

June 21 Fly into Delhi late at night, waste of a day

June 22 spend the entire day in Delhi

June 23 Depart to Agra early in the AM

June 24 early morning view of Taj mahal then depart later in the afternoon by private car to Jaipur

June 25 Full day Jaipur

June 26 Full day Jaipur

June 27 Little morning sight seeing of Jaipur and take a flight back to Delhi to catch 7:30pm flight to states

8. Re: New Delhi in June 2018

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2018, 20:49

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
426 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: New Delhi in June 2018

Hello friend,

As your flight details I suggest program if you comfortable your back to home 7.30pm. so you need Airport before 3 hrs.

1 night Delhi.

2 nights in Jaipur.

2 nights in Agra.

1 night in Delhi.

go for the private car / driver for the journey and do the sightseeing in morning and evening hours. Try spending the afternoon either in hotel because June in tamrecher 45 to 48 c'

You need safety also.

Worm Regards,

Agra Taj Tour

Edited: 09 April 2018, 08:30
Vagamon, India
Level Contributor
445 posts
127 reviews
10. Re: New Delhi in June 2018

It will be more comfortable, convenient and handy to use a private cab for the entire trip and drive back to Delhi from either Agra or Jaipur. You can place Agra visit or Jaipur in the first lap, both ways it ends up the same. The monsoons in June are in South India , North India has the peak of summer in June

Reply to: New Delhi in June 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted