We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi Smog

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
Delhi Smog

Will be arriving in Delhi on November 20. Just wanted to check given the smog situation, is it still recommendable to do New Delhi day tour? We are scheduled to have a tour on November 22. But I am not sure whether it is safe to proceed. Is the smog situation better now? I hope I can get responses from people living in Delhi or tourists who just recently came or are currently in Delhi this week.

18 replies to this topic
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
957 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Delhi Smog

Sure, we arrived yesterday, we did not spend much time outside due to being tired after our journey, however, the smog was visible and there was a slight fumey smell in the air but it was bearable. We are doing our sight seeing tour today so I will report back on how it is when we are outside for a full day.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Delhi Smog

Hope your trip is all you thought it would be. I too am arriving in India on the 24th for the first time. Am doing the golden triangle tour, and so excited. Hoping the smog will be a lot less by the time i arrive as dont want to miss seeing a thing. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Delhi Smog

Thank you lil-miss-sunshine. I hope you'll have a wonderful trip in Delhi.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
957 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Delhi Smog

Hi, we have had a great day of sight seeing. There is still a small amount of smog in atmosohere but it did not spoil anything in terms of visibility or comfort. To be honest if we weren't aware it had been so bad we probably would not have noticed it. The weather is also very comfortable, nice and warm (for us from the cold UK) but not too hot, good for a busy day out and about ☺

Edited: 19 November 2017, 18:42
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Delhi Smog

That is good to hear. We are flying to Delhi tomorrow. Thank you so much for the info lil-miss-sunshine =)

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
957 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Delhi Smog

Enjoy your trip ☺

Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Delhi Smog

Awesome thank u for update lil miss sunshine.we too are arriving there on Saturday 25th and doing golden triangle tour...

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,960 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Delhi Smog

Just back from Delhi a day ago, did not see smog, even late at night / early morning. Spent a whole day out shopping and gallivanting in open bazaars, did not feel choked or anything. Saw people with masks.

Edited: 20 November 2017, 08:44
Reply to: Delhi Smog
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted