We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning: Emporium Department Store 22A Janpath New Delhi In

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Warning: Emporium Department Store 22A Janpath New Delhi In

While visiting New Delhi I paid for a Silver Urn from Emporium Dept Store located at 22A Janpath, New Delhi India and was promised by Imran, Salesman/Mgr that I would receive it before Christmas. I have emailed Mr. Imran several times with no reply. Can someone please tell me what Indian Government Agency I can contact to make a formal complaint on Emporium Departmental Store?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
New Delhi
New Delhi
National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
The Janpath Hotel
The Janpath Hotel
242 Reviews
New Delhi, India
32 replies to this topic
4 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Warning: Emporium Department Store 22A Janpath New Delhi In

Have you received the Urn?

Regards

Muzamil

4 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Warning: Emporium Department Store 22A Janpath New Delhi In

Do you think this is worth it?

Cause i have a carpet which is for $10500 and got it analysed by weavers in Persia, They say it is the best pieces of art they have ever come across.

Thank you Imran, even though you arent a part of this stream of comments you deserve the credit for preserving this art.

REGARDS

Ali

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
1 post
66 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Warning: Emporium Department Store 22A Janpath New Delhi In

The manager is Imran Mir. He is Kashmiri and has a reputation of dishonesty. He views every tourist as an opportunity. He lies. This is NOT a reputable shop!

BEWARE

2 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Warning: Emporium Department Store 22A Janpath New Delhi In

I agree. He lied to us to make a sale.

Smith Mountain...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Warning: Emporium Department Store 22A Janpath New Delhi In

I also purchased a rug from the Emporium/Imran, the rug was shipped before I could return to receive it. Not sure it is the same rug I bought. I wish that I had not asked someone to pick it up at FedEx and it would have been shipped back to India! Tour "guides" like to take you to this place, they must be receiving a kickback because this place is hard to find.

Edited: 30 October 2017, 19:31
Mentioned in this post
Greater Wellington...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Warning: Emporium Department Store 22A Janpath New Delhi In

Hello, I have had difficulty contacting them about a carpet/rug they talked me into. Promising postage and all 'good customer care' I have not heard back with tracking number or by phone/email. Did you have any luck eventually getting your Urn. If you have any other suggestions as to what I could do that you found successful I would appreciate your help - cheers Pauline

4 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Warning: Emporium Department Store 22A Janpath New Delhi In

Please can you let me know if you have received your product, and if you have can you shut this thread as we are being referred to as some other store, and all the wrong impetus is being taken by our genuine emporium which is opposite the Imperial.

Regards

Singh

Mentioned in this post
The Imperial Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
3,253 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Ibiza, Spain
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Warning: Emporium Department Store 22A Janpath New Delhi In

As I read this message, last post in March. I only have to say that I ordered a rug from here too and I came to Spain before I finished my 2 weeks trip in India. They were very correct and assisted me with minor documentations required at Customs. They did a good job

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Warning: Emporium Department Store 22A Janpath New Delhi In

Did you receive your urn? If so, was the quality as promised?

Edited: 13 January 2018, 07:38
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Warning: Emporium Department Store 22A Janpath New Delhi In

Ongoing issues with this Emporium and Imran Malik. Moy S of Orlando, FL is not alone. Am in active contact with Narendra Kumar and hope he can assist to resolve.

Edited: 13 January 2018, 08:58
Reply to: Warning: Emporium Department Store 22A Janpath New Delhi In
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted