We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone still come here?

Atlanta, GA,
9 posts
1 review
Anyone still come here?

I'd like to come to Piatra Neamt this June. I am a solo female traveler. I have a desire to go to the small fine arts museum and to just experience what the city is like as I learn about an artist I enjoy. Do many people speak English there? I speak no other languages fluently though i can fumble through French, understand and read Spanish could possibly try German.. oh who am I kidding, I'm American I'm just barely literate. :)

Where should I stay? Could I get a guide there?

'nilla

Israel
Destination Expert
for Romania
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Anyone still come here?

you will be fine do not worry , english language spok by the most yong people!

what you mean a guide person or book ? if person you dont need the city are not big and you can discover all by foot.

for stay option :

viaromania.eu/cazare.cfm/Piatra_Neamt/1525-C…

Atlanta, GA,
9 posts
1 review
2. Re: Anyone still come here?

Thanks for the link and the safety assurances, David. It looks like a cute little town!

Piatra Neamt...
2 posts
3. Re: Anyone still come here?

Hello,

I am an American currently living in Piatra Neamt, Romania. I stumbled across your post and wanted to chime in with my two cents.

I have been to many cities throughout Romania and I think Piatra Neamt is a good choice for a visit. You will have a lot of cultural resources and quality accomadations within the Judetal (County) Neamt area. Traveling solo should not be too much of a problem. I would keep in mind there area also regional airports in closer cities such as Bacau and Iasi.

I would not worry too much about not knowing Romanian, there area many English speakers locally.

I will post some of my pictures to the Piatra Neamt Forum in the coming days. Also, here is the link to a great local Tourism webiste : http://www.visitneamt.com.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks

Atlanta, GA,
9 posts
1 review
4. Re: Anyone still come here?

piatraVOL as in tennessee? i'm a georgia bulldawg! thank for the info. what hotel/pesion do you reccomend in PN? How exciting it must be to live there!

I can't wait to see your pictures. How long have you lived there?

Piatra Neamt...
2 posts
5. Re: Anyone still come here?

I have been in Romania since last year, Piatra Neamt since last August.

Well, Piatra Neamt has large hotels and pensions (bed and breakfast). You have plenty to choose from. You should be able to find info in the website. Hotel Central is nice, I hear.

Sorry for the delay on the pictures. I am putting them up now.

6. Re: Anyone still come here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2010, 11:02
Get answers to your questions about Piatra Neamt