We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandboarding -mpressive scenery but choose the right company

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Sandboarding -mpressive scenery but choose the right company

Sandboarding in Huacachina is well worth it, even just for the impressive views over the sand dunes. We took a taxi from Ica and the taxi driver took us to a hostel called Huacaf***ingchina where we could book a tour. Don't go with this company. The sandboarding tour was 90% dune buggy and 10% sandboarding and even though the lady in the shop said the guide would help us learn how to do sandboarding he really wasn't any help at all, even when we asked. The boards are ancient and you can't even attach them to your feet properly. The dune buggy ride is like a rollercoaster ride, so be aware if this is not your thing. Not only that, my seatbelt came undone while the guide was driving which was really scary. The worst part of it was, when I told the guide the seatbelt wasn't working (so he could maybe get it fixed before the next tour) he just shrugged. A really disappointing and actually quite dangerous trip.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Sandboarding -mpressive scenery but choose the right company

Mucho cuidado con los taxistas, algunos tratan de engañarte.

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
936 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Sandboarding -mpressive scenery but choose the right company

Taxi drivers in Peru try to rip people off? Next you will tell me that the ocean is wet.

Norway
Level Contributor
157 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Sandboarding -mpressive scenery but choose the right company

But what companies are good then? I can't find anything online it seems. I am looking for a good reputable company to take us dune buggy and sandboarding in the afternoon, ending up watching the sunset over the desert.

Edited: 28 March 2016, 15:13
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Sandboarding -mpressive scenery but choose the right company

I'm not sure which companies are good as I only experienced the company I wouldn't recommend. I would maybe advise asking for recommendations at your hotel/hostel or asking other travellers you meet in Huacachina or Ica.

5. Re: Sandboarding -mpressive scenery but choose the right company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2018, 07:45
Get answers to your questions about Huacachina
More Huacachina Topics