We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lima to Huacachina

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Lima to Huacachina

I'm looking to go to Huacachina from Lima in February 2015. I see it is somewhat of a drive, so what is the easiest method of transportation to get there from the Lima airport? Are there any companies in particular that you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Buggy Huacachina
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
Huacachina Explorer
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Day Trips, Private Tours
Huacachina Life
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
15 replies to this topic
San Clemente...
7 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Lima to Huacachina

Can you recommend a driver for a two night trip to Paracas, and then to Huacachina sand dunes day trip and back to Paracas and back to lima. I see you are very active on Trip adviser and live in Peru.

Thanks for any helpful info. we will be there june 13 and need the ride june 16

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Lima to Huacachina

Hi there!

What bus company did you use?

3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Lima to Huacachina

There is a tour operator in Lima, www.peruhop.com which has all kind of tours for reasonable prices (I think).. I will use them for a 2 day trip to Paracas, Huacachina, Nazca Lines...

I read somewhere that somebody tried to do the same trip himself, but it costed him more than at peruhop...

Edited: 09 January 2018, 02:38
Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Lima to Huacachina

We went to Huacachina and Paracas by bus (PeruBus) and it was definitely cheaper than Peru Hop.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
186 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Lima to Huacachina

You can book exactly what you're looking to do with Peru Hop who are all inclusive. Yes, you might be able to book it for slightly cheaper but you wont get to meet any people and doing the tours by yourself or the person you're travelling with just really isn't the same as being with a group of people you meet on the way who are all travelling and looking to have a good time as well. Peru Hops prices are really reasonable and you know that you will be getting quality with them rather than risking going with an operator who doesn't have great equipment or provide a good service just because its "definitely cheaper"

Enjoy your trip!

Reply to: Lima to Huacachina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Huacachina
More Huacachina Topics
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question