We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your Visa

Norristown...
2 posts
Your Visa

Can someone tell me about getting a Visa

.and was it long and difficult?

8 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
51 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Your Visa

Visa to where?

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
530 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Your Visa

Visas for most countries are always ready within 2 weeks or in 10 days max

Norristown...
2 posts
3. Re: Your Visa

Nigeria

Ikeja, Nigeria
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Your Visa

Check on the country website there are different kind of visa with various requirements, check and confirm the one you want so you can know what you actually want

5. Re: Your Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2018, 21:29

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,605 posts
106 reviews
6. Re: Your Visa

Odancebecky5 in post #5

Welcome to Tripadvisor upon joining today!

With respect, anyone wanting advice about Visas will ask their question publicly here in the public forum, and will receive answers from other members here.

Regards

Mondial,

Ikeja, Nigeria
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Your Visa

Pt you send me a msg if it there are things you need to be cleared about

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
8. Re: Your Visa

Getting a visa to Nigeria is absolute hell. And they simply do not care. One hand does not know what the other hand is doing. It's an abomination.

I'm a dual US/Nigerian citizen. I hadn't been back in 10 years so I needed to renew my Nigerian passport and I admit I sat on renewing so when my family member passed, I had relatively little time to go through the process. That passport process was a hassle because I have gotten married and my name changed since my passport expired, so given my time constraints, I thought applying for a visa on my US passport would be easier. WRONG! So naïve of me.

Applying for the visa is a whole new level of irritation and absurdity. $180 to process the application via the poorly serviced third party vendor, Innovate services, and to await the interview date with the Nigerian House in NY, where I live.

Once you receive the interview date, please know that your process is far from over. You do not get your visa on the interview date; instead they send you to yet ANOTHER third party vendor, OIS Services, where, upon your arrival, you will be stunned to learn that the $180 you spent was merely the APPLICATION fee, you owe another $90 for the PROCESSING through OIS! No one at Nigerian House made a mention about that, you won't find that info on the website, and, to boot, they sent me and others to the wrong address (OIS is located on Lexington Avenue between 40/41, not between 39/40 as the inept person at Nigeria House wrote when giving directions).

Because it's an emergency in my case because I'm traveling in less than 10 days, you can pay an additional $65 for expedited processing (2-3 business days vs 7) for at whopping total of $155 that I had no idea I would have to spend. And make sure your debit or credit card has a chip or they'll send you off to get a money order before they can process you.

Also, make sure you have every required piece of information, including your passport photos when you get to OIS or you cannot proceed (another thing not mentioned at Nigerian House). Thankfully, I had my expired Nigerian passport with me, so some of the checklist items didn't apply to me.

As a Nigerian I am embarrassed by the level of ineptitude on all fronts. I recognize that part of this was to curb the possibility of fraud, but it comes at the expense of your wallet, your time, and your sanity. My advice to Nigerian citizens is to make sure your passport is up to date, whether or not you have a trip planned. My advice to visitors is to prepare, have extra money handy, try and be patient, and know that this process sucks for us all.

Do better, Nigeria.

Reply to: Your Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted