We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Personal visitor visa to Nigeria

5 posts
Save Topic
Personal visitor visa to Nigeria

I will be travellig to Nigeria soon and I want to ask how early can I apply for the visa? I mean how many month validity does the visa carry?

Also, I would like to ask if the yellow fever certificate is just a way to extort people at the port of entry since their website clearly it's not needed for a visa application for the type of visa I am applying for.

I will be applying with a Canadian passport. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Nigeria
Nigeria
Africa
8 replies to this topic
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Personal visitor visa to Nigeria

From the UK it's three months before you travel, and the visa is valid for 90 days

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Personal visitor visa to Nigeria

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I understand the part about '3 month before I travel, and valid for 90 days after I have traveled" do you mean all in all the visa is valid is valid for 6months? According to the consulate here in Ottawa, Canada they say the visa processing is about 5-7 days, so maybe I should apply few weeks before my travel date. Thanks once again.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Personal visitor visa to Nigeria

The visa is valid for 90 days for a single entry, the process of the visa is 5-10 days, u will need to go to ois service centre for ur biometric,

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Personal visitor visa to Nigeria

Recently applied for my visa from the Ottawa high commission and received it.

You need to send in a copy of the yellow fever certificate or they will return your visa application.

5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Personal visitor visa to Nigeria

I am not disputing what you said about the yellow fever thing, but on the website it clearly says it's not needed if you are applying for a personal visitor visa, plus the said the same when I called them on the phone.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Personal visitor visa to Nigeria

I've been granted two vist visas, and I didn't need to send prove of the yellow fever, but u will need it at point of entry wen u arrive

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Personal visitor visa to Nigeria

Yes and they do check it, not each time, but sometimes

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
500 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Personal visitor visa to Nigeria

Additionally, if you don"t have your yellow fever certificate handy , you give those corrupt immigration officers at the point of entry avenue to ask for cash. My best bet is go with a yellow fever cert.

Reply to: Personal visitor visa to Nigeria
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;