We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few hours in Chefchaouen and then on to Fez

Level Contributor
48 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
A few hours in Chefchaouen and then on to Fez

Is it possible to see (some) Chefchaouen like in 4-5 hours? Like leave Casablanca very early in the morning and take the 6 hrs bus ride. Arrive in Chef around noon and be there until 4-5pm. And then take another bus to Fez. From what I have read it is just 4 hours. Is this true?

Also how is the temperature in those places in June? I guess very hot, right?. What about rain??

Thanks all for any help!!!

Mentioned in this post
Chefchaouen
Chefchaouen
Tangier-Tetouan Region, Morocco
Casablanca
Casablanca
Grand Casablanca Region, Morocco
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,864 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few hours in Chefchaouen and then on to Fez

I suppose it is possible, but to me it doesnt seem a good idea - better just go straight to Fes

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few hours in Chefchaouen and then on to Fez

And go directly to Fes on the train (not the bus) for comfort.

Edited: 02 March 2016, 07:24
Mentioned in this post
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
Level Contributor
48 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few hours in Chefchaouen and then on to Fez

Thanks for your reply. I really wished I had more days. But I have to work with what I have. Is weather going to be hot over there during June? Any tips on transportation?

Level Contributor
48 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few hours in Chefchaouen and then on to Fez

Can I buy train tickets online? If so where and how?

Edited: 02 March 2016, 07:41
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few hours in Chefchaouen and then on to Fez

That's too rushed trip and no recommended as Chefchaouen worth more time, and Buses are not that reliable in time and could take more, thus you simply try to make more time for each place visiting or just go straight to Fes and enjoy it there.

You could check the train website at www.oncf.ma

Mentioned in this post
Chefchaouen
Chefchaouen
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
Level Contributor
48 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few hours in Chefchaouen and then on to Fez

Yes, I totally know. But we are going to be in Morroco for some few days, so we would like to see as much as we can. For accomplish this, I know we will have to compromise in what to see and what to miss!!! Thanks for the info on the train

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few hours in Chefchaouen and then on to Fez

I suspect that your travel project is destined to be fraught with disappointments ( except the weather which is "usually" hot and sunny in the month of June.) There is no train connection to Chefchaouen, so transport has to be by bus or Grand taxi and the tortuous mountain highways can be slow going for buses stuck behind overladen lorries attempting to climb the steep gradients, this means that journey departure and arrival times are never accurately guaranteed, so any planned optimistic transport connections can easily be foiled. The Grand taxis avoid these delays by often overtaking on blind hairpin bends, trusting that Allah is in a good mood that day and will bestow his benevolent protection powers on all concerned, sitting in the front passenger seat of these vehicles I find my right foot constantly reaching for the footbrake pedal which is unfortunately on the other side in control of the loony Moroccan driver!

Somehow, I predict that you will be spending most of your time waiting in bus stations and taxi ranks than exploring Chefchaouen's Medina, but at least you can sit outside in the sun and enjoy the good weather, so it's not all bad news.

Alternatively, have a flick through my Chefchaouen travel reports here........

members.virtualtourist.com/m/1658d2/204c37/

Keep up to date with the weather reports here......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2553455

Benjamin.

Mentioned in this post
Chefchaouen
Chefchaouen
Chefchaouen Medina
Chefchaouen Medina
3,122 Reviews
Chefchaouen, Morocco
8. Re: A few hours in Chefchaouen and then on to Fez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2017, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Chefchaouen