We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Chefchaouen to Tangier Med

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Chefchaouen to Tangier Med

I will be touring Chefchaouen in November this year. From there I will take a bus to Tangier Med to catch a ferry to Algeciras picking up a rental car, all in one day. CTM bus timetable has only 2 schedules available for this route - 2:30am arriving Tangier 5:30am; 2:45pm arriving Tangier 6:00pm; no other schedules in between. My questions are:

1) Are there other bus companies offering morning schedules between 7am to 10am?

2) I couldn't find any bus companies stopping at Tangier Med. Anyone know?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Chefchaouen to Tangier Med

yes there is other reliable Bus you can use and it's more recommended on here too, Supratours which you can reach through the same website for the Train : www.oncf.ma .

I think in your situation would be much better if you just hire a private Taxi with other passengers to Tangiers then get the Taxi to Tangier-med or the Train according to your limited time you need a Private Taxi.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Chefchaouen to Tangier Med

Soco, Thank you for the suggestion.

I should have said in my question that we are a group of 4. (I think using 'I' in my question instead of 'we, of 4' could make a big difference in the available options.)

I think hiring a taxi in Chefchaouen go directly to Tangier-Med is a very good option. What's the approx. cost? Anyone know?

Thanks.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Chefchaouen to Tangier Med

Could take about 2H30mins as your taxi should go from Chefchaouen to the entry of Tangier then taking the highway directly to Tangier-med.

Could be less time from the other side Chefchaouen via Tetouan, Castiajo to Tangier-med very close .

the price rarely you can find done the same before, but could be aprox 600-800 Dirhams.

so that's might be a better option for you saving time and going more comfortable, so my suggestion would be brgain before you go in any trip.

Good Luck.

Edited: 03 August 2013, 19:41
Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Chefchaouen to Tangier Med

Thank you for laying out these options for me. I will work on my bargain skills that I was never good at it.

Troy, Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Chefchaouen to Tangier Med

Hi,

We are planning a trip with the same route and I was wondering if you had any luck with taxis or the bus system in getting from Chefchaouen to Tangier and any recommendations you might have.

Thanks,

Kristin

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Chefchaouen to Tangier Med

We took the bus from Chefchaouen to Tangier. There are 2 or 3 bus companies serve this route to Tangier, but not Tangier Med. CTM bus, the best of all, has 2 schedules only per day; unfortunately it didn't fit us. We ended up with another bus (don't remember the name). The bus was older and not as comfortable as CTM. The bus stopped a few times to pick up additional passengers on the road (not designated bus stops) although the bus was totally packed already. Those additional passengers had to sit on the floor. The company charged 10 dirham addition per person as luggage fee. Try to take CTM bus if the schedules work for you. They are more professional.

The last bus stop in Tangier is very close to the train station. If your destination is near there, you may ask the driver to drop you off in front of the station.

7. Re: Bus from Chefchaouen to Tangier Med

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 10:46