We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pro Tip: Great Restaurant in Chefchauen Medina

G C
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Pro Tip: Great Restaurant in Chefchauen Medina

I wanted to share my amazing discovery of a superbly delicious yet reasonable cost effective restaurant in Chefchaouen. It is called Restaurant Beldi Bab Ssour located inside Chefchaouen's blue Medina, just west of the main square.

This restaurant serves traditional Moroccon food but with delicious homecooked quality vs. the crappy tourist fare served at the most places around Chef and Marrakesh, e.g. the only tourist cafes open during Ramadan. It's a family run restaurant with funny, friendly waiters who speak English fairly decently with menus in English and French available, in a cozy indoor space with two outside tables.

Contact info:

Beb Ssour Restaurant

facebook.com/Bob Delaan

Quartier Kharazine, 5, Chefchaouen, Maroc

Tel: 0 539 882 165

Gsm: 0 660 261 128

Open during Ramadan

West of the main square

Just outside of the Bab El Sour Gate

I just got back from a trip to Morocco that included Marrakesh, Tangier, Chefchaouen, and Casablanca. This was my absolute favorite restaurant in all of the places we went to. Many restaurants are closed during Ramadan with only tourist cafes open - though this one probably counts as a tourist cafe, the food is super good!

I recommend the green zucchini appetizer which is served with fresh bread and chili oil (dip the bread in the chili oil and wrap around the zucchini - so good!), the chicken with plum tagine (the plums just melt in your mouth), and the lentil soup (it's a bigger bowl than you think). And if you like mint tea, get a big mint tea for a group and sip it throughout dinner... or just a small mint tea to hoard for yourself. We ate here two nights in a row because the food was that good! Our last night in Chef, we shared a table with our repeat customers, one duo who had eaten there three nights in a row and another duo who had eaten there three meals in a row!

1. Re: Pro Tip: Great Restaurant in Chefchauen Medina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2018, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Chefchaouen