We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ (Redang)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Directions to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ (Redang)

Hello!

Anyone stayed at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ in Redang before? Any suggestions on how I can get there from Sultan Mahmud Airport?

Thanks!

14 replies to this topic
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
8,073 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ (Redang)

The information is on the hotel's website. From the airport you would need to go to Kuala Terengganu's Syahbandar jetty and catch a boat to Redang island from there. Alternatively make arrangements with the hotel for a private boat transfer from Merang instead of Kuala Terengganu.

http://www.thetaaras.com/contact-us

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ (Redang)

From Syahbandar Jetty to Redang Island,ferry will depart at 9.00am / 10.30am and last ferry is 3.00pm. You can take ferry depends your flight arrival here. From Kuala Terengganu airport to Syahbandar jetty will take 20 minutes by taxi,fares RM30 per way. For ferry is RM110.00 per person for 2 way. Journey will take 2 hour only.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Directions to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ (Redang)

If you take the public boat to Taaras, how do you reach the hotel once on the island?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ (Redang)

Hi,

I am visiting Redang in mid Feb, we have flight from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terengganu. Flight arrival is at 08.05 hrs. Can anybody suggest whether public ferry is available from Syahbandar jetty or Merang Jetty to The Taaras Beach? The hotel has provided us list of their private speedboats, however find it way expensive. How much would public ferry cost us approximately?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Directions to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ (Redang)

Im also looking for this information, i can see that there is 3 ferrys 9am 10.30am and 3pm, the the Taaras are saying i can catch the 9.00am as it doesnt go to the Kampung Jetty?

Is this correct.....

Thanks

Kuala Terengganu...
Level Contributor
490 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Directions to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ (Redang)

Public ferries from Shahbandar jetty to The Taaras Hotel in Redang at 1030 & 1500 hours only.

9am ferries direct to Long Beach not village jetty.

The ticket fare 55Myr PP/way.

From Village jetty, the ferries depart at 0700 & 1300 hours only.

Regards

Edited: 06 April 2016, 19:06
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Directions to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ (Redang)

Can you guide me on what you did?

Kuala Terengganu...
Level Contributor
490 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Directions to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ (Redang)

Dear Nada A,

If u come down by flight from Kuala Terengganu Airport , visit Taaras Lounge next to the Airport Arrival Hall.The staff will guide u how to get there....

Regards,

Poksu

Edited: 09 August 2016, 19:06
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Directions to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ (Redang)

How do i get to taaras resort by public ferries or boat from merang jetty? Pls advise

Edited: 02 September 2016, 20:28
Save Reply
10. Re: Directions to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ (Redang)

Does anyone know which place is the Taaras jetty at merang? Coz I am looking out for private boat so need to know their jetty location exactly at merang .

Reply to: Directions to The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort‎ (Redang)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted