We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Tioman Island to Senai Airport

12 posts
From Tioman Island to Senai Airport

Hi, I'm going to Pulau Tioman from 4 Sep to 9 Sep. On the same date 9 Sep, I need to go to Senai Airport as my flight is at 4:30 pm. Do I able to catch my flight if use the earliest ferry from Tioman to Mersing and take the bus from Mersing to Larkin Bus station, after that use Grab go to the airport?

Or do anyone know any transportation from Mersing Jetty directly to Senai Airport?

3 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: From Tioman Island to Senai Airport

The earliest bus from Mersing to JB Larkin is at 1130am..

If u are lucky , u reach JB Larkin Bus Terminal just before 3pm.. otherwise it's 3+pm...

Then u may not manage to get a Grab immediately & there may b traffic occurences enroute.. take a risk that u may risk the flight.. should take less than 45 minutes by Grab if u managed it...

There is an early morning 715am bus from Mersing to Kluang..

From Kluang it's 1 hour approximately by car to the airport by Grab..

However , there is no ferry that can get u from the island back to mainland in time..

Your other choices is to take an evening bus 1 day earlier to Johor Larkin Bus Terminal & stay overnight in Johor Bahru..

Or pay maybe 200MYR -~ 300MYR for taxi or Private Car from Mersing to Senai Airport..

Or a mixture of a few local public bus trips may get u somehow to somewhere in Johor Bahru..

Hopefully someone in this Tripadvisor Forums is very knowedgable about public local town buses( those that u need to stand if there are no seats)..

Good luck really..

Cheers

Scooby

12 posts
2. Re: From Tioman Island to Senai Airport

Thank you for your suggestion, then I will try to leave Tioman a day earlier :)

And do you know the internet/wifi coverage in Tioman? is it accessible with mobile internet?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: From Tioman Island to Senai Airport

It's a question nt easily answered...

I've always had problems with internet using my mobile phones.. on the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia like Tioman.. even on Pangkor Island so near to the coast on west coast of Malaysia..

I dunno about others on this forum but i suggest Celcom as your choice of Telcom operator.

The beachy islands here are not like those i've visited in the Philippines & Thailand , whereby Telcom networks are very reliable & have strong reception..

If you are thinking of basic internet .. but uploading & downloading a lot of stuff depends on your luck..

I normally put internet out of my mind once i land on thr beaches.. i come to destress & my phone is 1 of my worst sources of stress..

The less stressful choice for your flight , is to take the late afternoon bus to JB larkin Bus Terminal & stay overnight..

For cities & towns , i like to stay in areas with good infrastructure & choices for food, accomodation , ease of transport ..

I suggest the area near City Square & Komtar in Johor Baru..

There is a bus to the airport if u dun mind..

https:/…airport-shuttle-bus

Doubletree by Hilton for your 1 night stay if u have the budget..

I stay in cheap guesthouses while i am here but it's different since i have been coming here alone since i was in my 20s..

The guesthouses i stay in , sometimes rent them out by the hour(u know what i mean) but it doesn't bother me though ..

Citrus Hotel , Tropical Inn , Puteri Pacific are alright really & convenient enough for comfortable budget accomodation.

Swiss Inn is reliable as usual , with basic accomodation inline with international traveller standards & expectations..

Cheers

Scooby

Edited: 05 August 2018, 21:16
Reply to: From Tioman Island to Senai Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted