We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are they the same thing - Sun City Camp & Desert Planet Camp

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Are they the same thing - Sun City Camp & Desert Planet Camp

Hey guys, we will be visiting Jordan end of October. I have been looking for places to sleep 1 night in Wadi Rum and stumbled upon the "martian domes". I do understand this is not in any way authentic Bedouin experience but those domes really seem unique and I would love to stay in them for a night.

I usually book through booking . com so I searched for the martian domes and found two separate offers - Sun City Camp & Desert Planet Camp. They look identical. Are they actually the same thing under two different names. I am confused. Both of them have reviews so both seems legit. Still, I feel something is not right.

For whatever reason Sun City is currently not available for booking on the site, while Desert Planet Camp has available domes. Does any of you know if those are actually two different places? or maybe they are just under 2 different names on booking.com. Thank you in advance!

5 replies to this topic
Amman
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
1. Re: Are they the same thing - Sun City Camp & Desert Planet Camp

Different places.

NYC Area
Level Contributor
69 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Are they the same thing - Sun City Camp & Desert Planet Camp

Noiseaddict,

We just returned from Jordan a few weeks ago, and we passed the Sun City camp. You should know that it's located fairly close to a main road. I was originally scheduled to visit Sun City to check out the martian tents but my travel planner suggested Aicha instead (opened up only a few months ago). The Sun City website has beautiful photos and I'm sure all their tents are very nice, but just be aware of the location. I suppose at night you won't get much traffic, but if you're paying top dollar to be in a serene desert setting, you may want to consider Aicha (I was told this was actually a bit cheaper than Sun City given the newness but I would think their prices will soon skyrocket). I posted a review of Aicha along w/photos if you're interested in seeing more. Enjoy Jordan, it's a wonderful place!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,842 posts
171 reviews
3. Re: Are they the same thing - Sun City Camp & Desert Planet Camp

Maybe Sun City Camp & Desert Planet Camp are in different places, but both are so near the main street, not inside the protected area at all but towards Disa.

4. Re: Are they the same thing - Sun City Camp & Desert Planet Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 19:08

Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
11,625 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Are they the same thing - Sun City Camp & Desert Planet Camp

Issa this forum is not for self promotion and soliciting business

unless you stop it .you will be reported to TA management for breach of guide lines

Reply to: Are they the same thing - Sun City Camp & Desert Planet Camp
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted