We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to go from pekanbaru

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Places to go from pekanbaru

We will landing in Pekan Baru, Sultan Syarif Kasim II Airport. Where to go and what to do - we do not have any clue. Can someone help us on this pls as we will travel 7 person (all guys).

We would like to go to any happening places (night clubs etc.)

It will be 3D 2N.

Hope to hear from you.

7 replies to this topic
Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,280 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to go from pekanbaru

Pekan Baru is a very conservative places ,entertainment outlet is lacking .

You guys selected the wrong destination for happening???.

Cheers

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to go from pekanbaru

Hi,

If I was you see if you can get a flight from Pekanbaru to Medan where you will have lots of night clubs etc.

Maybe someone who lives in Padang can post whether there are nigth clubs in Padang - that I am not sure of.

Pamela

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to go from pekanbaru

The reply seems like a wrong decision made but anyhow if anyone could shed some lights will be very helpful. At least recommend places to visit from pekanbaru, prefered travelling on ground.

4. Re: Places to go from pekanbaru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 February 2012, 20:05

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to go from pekanbaru

That's a good reply, we are travelling on 1 June - 3rd June. Any idea where to stay pls?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to go from pekanbaru

I would recommend getting a travel bus to Bukittinggi in West Sumatra. It will take 5/6hours to get there but the road is very good and smooth. Bukittinggi is a lovely hill town. From there you can also go to Lake Maninjauh which is one of my favourite places in Indonesia. Very quiet, natural and laid back.

These are some of my pictures of the area.

flickr.com/photos/…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to go from pekanbaru

Hi

I've been to Padang and Bukittinggi and making a trip to Pekan Baru and proceed to Jambi and Palembang. Anybody knows a tour operator who can arrange my tour. I will be going in November 2012. Thank you.

Reply to: Places to go from pekanbaru
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pekanbaru
More Pekanbaru Topics