We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Ho chi minh city to Vung Tau

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Ho chi minh city to Vung Tau

I will travel to Vietnam on Sept 26, I will travel direct from Ho Chi Minh Internasional airport to Vung Tau. Could Somebody tell me how to get there ? how much estimation cost ? Thanks

77 replies to this topic
Mui Ne, Vietnam
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Ho chi minh city to Vung Tau

If looking for a private taxi, check Saigon2MuiNe. Reading the reviews they reliable

Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Ho chi minh city to Vung Tau

Hi, you can take either a bus or the hydrofoil for VungTau from Saigon. Upon arrival, you catch a taxi for the Saigon boat station (Ben Tau) opposite the Majestic hotel. there is a boat leaving for vungtau every hour (6am-till 5pm). The bus is the same schedule (Phuong trang or Mailinh). Cheers

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Ho chi minh city to Vung Tau

take the hydrofoil Vina express is best way, see the time table here: http://www.vinaexpress.com.vn

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Ho chi minh city to Vung Tau

Many thanks, greatly appreciate. So its better to take the boat since it is faster ?

please suggest me.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Ho chi minh city to Vung Tau

Could Somebody tell me where Can I buy painting made of sea shell in Ho Chi Minh city ? How can I bring to my country ? Many thanks for your respond.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
509 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Ho chi minh city to Vung Tau

It is better to take the ferry. The road journey is longer and bumpy.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from Ho chi minh city to Vung Tau

You can take taxi it's better, but if you want to use local bus I'll so you the cheapest way: From the airport you can take the bus 152 (4000d) go to the last bus station. take the bus 26 (4000d) go to the last bus station. Buy a ticket go to Vung Tau (65.000d). Total price under 4usd.

Cheers,

Saigon
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from Ho chi minh city to Vung Tau

Totally agree with taxi to speedboat station then express boat to vung Tau (1h15')

Don't go by land as the Hw condition is terrible now with under construction

Cheers

9. Re: Transport from Ho chi minh city to Vung Tau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 22:05

Bli Bli, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
175 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from Ho chi minh city to Vung Tau

If you are arriving after 6.00 am and before 15.00 hours you take a taxi to the Vung Tau ferry terminal in Saigon cost is 200.000 VND takes 90 minutes Hydro ferry leave every 2 hours last one is 4.00 pm, it really depends what time you arrive

Reply to: Transport from Ho chi minh city to Vung Tau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vung Tau