We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.

Seoul, South Korea
1 post
To Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.

Hello ~

I am going to go to Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.

Overnight bus is preferred if possible. :)

Is there anyone who know the bus schedule from Dong hoi to Ninh Binh?

It will be very helpful if I can get your answer!

Looking forward to you guys help! Thank you!

20 replies to this topic
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
35 posts
101 reviews
1. Re: To Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.

You can Hoang Long bus. The Hoang Long bus schedule from Dong hoi to Ninh Binh:

09:00 - 16:58

12:00- 19:58

13:00 - 20:58

18:30 - 02:28

19:10 - 03:08

19:25 - 03:23

19:30 - 03:28

21:00 - 04:58

22:30 - 06:28

23:30 - 07:28

23:55 - 07:53

Have a nice journey!

Dong Hoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
2. Re: To Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.

Hi there,

If you intend to travel Phong Nha, Hung Thanh Bus is a good choice to get Phong Nha directly from Ninh Binh or Ha Noi. In Phong Nha, you can spend time caving, trekking and do many things else rather than just looking at the sea without seafood as for now in Dong Hoi.

Wish you have a good time.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
524 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: To Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.

Personally, I think you should refer night train to Ninh Binh. The railway from Ninh Binh station to Dong Hoi ( Quang Binh Province) station is about 407 Kilometers. There are 2 trains including SE5, SE7 (which belong to Reunification Express train) on this route. They depart every day and lost about 8 hours (From Ninh Binh to Dong Hoi and return). The types of seats include the hard seat, the soft seat, the hard berth (6 berths) and the soft berth (4 berths), called cabin. Each of the cabin is designed with the air-conditioner and the comfortable seat.

Province of...
2 posts
4. Re: To Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.

Hello! Do you know how much is the bus from ninh binh to phon nha?

Thank you?

Level Contributor
3 posts
79 reviews
5. Re: To Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.

Does someone know the price for a single busticket from Dong Hoi to Ninh Binh? Thx!

Tarentum...
Destination Expert
for Da Nang, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
Level Contributor
3,197 posts
212 reviews
6. Re: To Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.

There is one bus from Phong Nha town at 9pm arriving at 5am in Ninh Bình cost is 200k VND. Sleeper bus. This is from Phong Nha. But if you are staying in Dong Hoi maybe a train is easier. 4 hrs by train.

Hadera, Israel
Level Contributor
201 posts
218 reviews
7. Re: To Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.

I'm also looking for options from Phong Nha to Ninh Bihn (Tam coc), but train looks not very suitable - there are only 2 of them not night trains exactly, and not for but 8-9 hours - https:/…train-from-dong-hoi-to-ninh-binh

I'm a little bit afraid of Vietnamese sleeping buses, but it looks like the best option.

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: To Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.

Try this as it finds all the options bus, train and plane, so its easy to see which is best

https://www.baolau.vn/?source=rail123

Hadera, Israel
Level Contributor
201 posts
218 reviews
9. Re: To Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.

Your site doesn't give buses, no option to go directly from Phong Nha ,and same 8-9 hrs on trains. Again going early in the evening or getting there at night, Who said it's 4 hours train ride?

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
29 reviews
10. Re: To Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.

Its not my site, just a link and site I use, Phong Nha buses to/from Hue Hanoi Danang, but most importantly to Dong Hoi, you are restricting your search, you need to ignore Phong Nha and search from Dong Hoi. Get the local bus to/from Dong Hoi Bus number B4, Phong Nha is in the middle of nowhere :-) Dong Hoi to Ninh Binh is 8 hours on the train. Wouldn't fancy doing it in a bus myself.

Annilee has posted timetable of bus B4 above.

Edited: 13 February 2017, 14:53
Reply to: To Ninh Binh from Dong hoi by bus.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted