We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Hue

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Buses from Hue

Hi, I am considering getting a bus from Hue to Ninh Binh, but I'm told it arrives between 3-4 am, does anyone know will it be easy/ safe to get a taxi moped or taxi from the bus drop off which I'm told is central to Tam coc at this time for solo female traveller?? Do guesthouses in tamcoc arrange pickups?

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from Hue

Hi, I'm not able to answer your question but wondering if you have made this journey already? I am planning on doing the same (Hue to Ninh Binh) but am also worried about arriving in the town at 3/4am alone as a solo female traveller. Was it a safe journey? Thanks :)

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,940 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses from Hue

Daisybell and Marieattfield, you should be more worried about death or injury en route than about pick-ups when you arrive. Night buses in Vietnam should be avoided at all costs - think speeding and dangerous driving by drugged up drivers. I survived that journey in a sleeper bus in the opposite direction but I lost count of the number of near misses.

The stop at Tam Coc is a scam perpetrated by a hotel owner and drivers. Buses on that route are supposed to go to Ninh Binh town rather than Tam Coc, but drivers get a kick-back by instead taking passengers to the hotel in question.

Take the train.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses from Hue

Hi friend

I know you are alittle worry but you can ask the bus driver drop you off at Thanh Binh Hotel, on the way of Ninh Binh city

But first you should contact to Thanh Binh Hotel for a hotel booking. Might be small room just for a few hour

Thank you and enjoy your trip

Bigsea Travel

4. Re: Buses from Hue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2017, 09:47