We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tam Coc - Flooding?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Tam Coc - Flooding?

Hi there there's been several news reports of flooding in the Ninh Binh region due to downpour from Typhoon Son Tinh. Is anyone currently based there able to advise if Tam Coc and Hanoi has been affected? How are the road conditions - is it still possible to bike around?

theborneopost.com/2018/…

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/flooding-a…

8 replies to this topic
Honolulu
5 posts
1 review
1. Re: Tam Coc - Flooding?

I don’t know but I’m supposed to be traveling that way so I would like to know as well? Don’t seem to find anything online and my mom follows Vietnamese news and I don’t trust them.

I’d love to find out. WiFi is so sporadic and keeps freezing up on me!

Thanks

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Tam Coc - Flooding?

My friend is living in Hanoi says there's heavy rain in northern Vietnam now, including Hanoi and Ninh Binh. She says some outskirts of Hanoi even is flooding. So I guess it 's hard to take a bike tour to Tam Coc at this time.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
56 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Tam Coc - Flooding?

Yeah, I think you may want to wait until the weather is better. I'm In Hanoi, right now it's sunny but a few hour later, it may be rain. The water is already soaked up but you don't want to bike in the rain, right?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8,924 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Tam Coc - Flooding?

I just asked a local, and she said everything is clear now around Tam Coc.

Cheers,

John

Honolulu
5 posts
1 review
5. Re: Tam Coc - Flooding?

Thank you! I decided to just fly south to Saigon and explore the areas around there since I didn’t have 100% info. Guess I’ll have to come back another time to visit! ☺️

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8,924 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Tam Coc - Flooding?

Safe travel.

Cheers,

John

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
56 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Tam Coc - Flooding?

Don't forget having fun on "Nguyen Hue pedestrian street" and Bui Vien beer street on weekends during your trip to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City =))))

Edited: 02 August 2018, 07:52
Honolulu
5 posts
1 review
8. Re: Tam Coc - Flooding?

Sounds great! Thank you!

Reply to: Tam Coc - Flooding?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted