We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for Ninh Binh 3 days

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary for Ninh Binh 3 days

Looking for advice on how to spend our 3 days in Ninh Binh. We will be staying at the Nguyen Shack and intend on doing the guided bike tour and experiencing the English Club there on our day of arrival. Has anyone experienced this before? From what I understand we can visit some attractions ourselves easily from Nguyen Shack - Hang Mua and Trang An Grottoes (via bicycle)? Any advice on what time to visit Trang An to avoid crowds as it will a weekend that we are there? We had then thought of doing a one day motorbike tour with Toan after reading all the wonderful reviews on his tours here but unsure where to visit in the day. I feel we should visit attractions slightly further a field but would welcome your suggestions/recommendations of what to see in the day.

Mentioned in this post
Ninh Binh
Ninh Binh
Ninh Binh Province, Vietnam
Nguyen Shack – Ninh Binh
Nguyen Shack – Ninh Binh
536 Reviews
Ninh Binh, Vietnam
Trang An Grottoes
Trang An Grottoes
1,837 Reviews
Ninh Binh, Vietnam
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
9,421 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for Ninh Binh 3 days

Hi Laura,

"Any advice on what time to visit Trang An to avoid crowds as it will a weekend that we are there?"

I'd go early. Not sure what time they start, but I'd go just after they open.

Re what to do with Toan - The three things that I enjoyed most, were Hang Mua, Trang An, and simply sitting on the back of the bike watching the world go by, and the locals doing their thing.

Talk to Toan about what he suggests. He's very accommodating.

And if temples and pagodas are of interest, well, there's plenty around to keep you happy. ;-)

Cheers,

Scott

2. Re: Itinerary for Ninh Binh 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2018, 12:46