We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Halong bay to Ninh Binh

8 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Halong bay to Ninh Binh

Would anyone know the bus time(s) for the bus from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh?

Where can I buy tickets for the bus and where to board/get off?

I plan to take the bus after the Halong Bay cruise which ends at 12:30pm, or stay at Halong Bay city for the night before taking the bus.

Thanks.

9 replies to this topic
Tunisia
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Halong bay to Ninh Binh

very easy, just go to the bus station in Halong by taxi or motrbike then you will see many buses going to Minh binh. There are buses which make many stops on the road to drop and embark passengers with travel time of 3-4 hours . So avoid these buses and ask for speed bus which goes non stop through the highway. it is 1 or 2 dollars more expensive but much faster,

You can also call the station from your hotel in Halong or any other places and ask for the exact departure times before going there. they are well organised and give reliable information.

once in minh bihn take a motorbike taxi from the station and go to Cat Ba . If you do not have a place where to stay in cat ba , go to chez Loan homestay .... it is fantastic and u will like it of sure, all motobike taxis know the place. For more info check their site on the net...wish u nice time

Samir

8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Halong bay to Ninh Binh

Thanks, Samir. Would you know the name of the "Halong" bus station that has speed buses to Ninh Binh? And the name of the Ninh Binh bus station where the bus arrives?

Munich, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Halong bay to Ninh Binh

Did you take a bus from Ha Long to Ninh Binh? Do you know, when the latest one runs? (Cat Ba is in the Ha Long Bay, isn't it? Why take a taxi to Cat Ba, when you are in Ninh Binh?). I'd like to catch a bus from Bai Chay bus station to Ninh Binh, too. But still haven't found one, that runs in the evening.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Halong bay to Ninh Binh

Hello,

I will travel in 10 days to vietnam. I would like to try to reach Ninh Binh from Halong Bay. How was your journey opting for this way? Did you try the speed bus suggested by Samir? Thank you in advance for sharing your experience.

Hengelo, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Halong bay to Ninh Binh

We just arived after a bus trip form halong to Ninh Binh. It was horrible. We thought that we wouldn’t make it to Nihn Binh. The driver was driving crazy. And his college was reacting like it was normal. The bus was a speed bus how was arraigned from the hotel. We paid around 400.000 dong so it was really cheap. Hopefully you will make it ;) next time we wil schedule next time the train!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Halong bay to Ninh Binh

Happy you reached Ninh Binh safe.

I am also there. I arrived two days ago by train.

It was a long journey: slow drive, but safe.

I recommand you visit Tam coc before Trang An. Once there ask for the long cruise (3hours, 9 caves) for the same price. If you need any information just let me know.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Halong bay to Ninh Binh

Hi! I have the same “problem” how to get to Ninh Binh from Halong! Could you tell me please how you did?

8. Re: Bus from Halong bay to Ninh Binh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2017, 18:15

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Halong bay to Ninh Binh

Hi Lumi C,

The most convenient way to reach Ninh Binh from Halong is to take a bus from Bai Chay bus station (belong to Halong city)

There are 2 options for you:

#1: You take 1 bus trip from Bai Chay to Hanoi and another One from Hanoi to Ninh Binh. The advantage for this option is you can easily find a bus operator that provides bus service between Hanoi and Halong or Ninh Binh. The pick-up and drop-off points are also flexible.

#2: You can take only 1 bus trip go actively from Baichay Station to Ninh Binh. But there is rarely a bus operator providing service on this route. I know 1 bus Operator named “Van Luc Tung”, you can find them at the Baichay Bus station, or search for them on Google for their phone number or at some bus booking systems that connect with this operator.

A disadvantage is they are able to drop you off to A point name Big C Supermarket of Ninh Binh city, so you have to waste a little money for taxi fee to the Trang An or other tourist places at Ninh Binh.

Hope i can help a bit for your decision.

Best

Tb

Edited: 11 December 2017, 17:02
Reply to: Bus from Halong bay to Ninh Binh
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted