We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lampang day trip, doable ???

Malaysia
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lampang day trip, doable ???

Hi all,

Ill be in Chiang Mai from Nov 15-Nov 22 for Loy Krathong festival specifially . My initial plan is spending first 3 nights in Chiang Mai, and the rest in Pai. Since its super peak season, I have already got my accommodation booked for first 3 nights in Chiang Mai and the following nights in Pai.

After doing some research about Lampang, I wish that I could squeeze in Lampang as a day trip from Chiang Mai, just wondering if thats doable? or simply too rush ? Also, is there any public bus or songthaew that runs between CM and Lampang ? Im a solo traveller on reasonably tight budget.

I just came back from CM in July actually, had about a week there, went to most of the 'must see' places including two days at the Elephant Nature Park which was truly amazing. I love CM so much that I decided to go back again in Nov for Loy Krathong and Pai. I suppose Im gonna more times to explore surrounding of CM this time.

All comments are welcomed. Thanks guys !

5 replies to this topic
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lampang day trip, doable ???

Hi

Yes yes yes go and visit my home town. It is vey easy to do in one day. There are bus to and from Chiangmai and Lampang. It is the same bus as Chaingrai bus. Some of the bus straight to Lampang some will via to Lamphun first then Lampang.

Cheers,

Malaysia
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lampang day trip, doable ???

Great to hear its doable as a day trip. Will definitely visit Lampang then. Is it better to get a horse cart or just walk around the town ? Hopefully the horse cart aint too expensive.

Many thanks !

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lampang day trip, doable ???

The hoarse cart will be very expensive to tour around town. But for experience go for short rides. I'm not sure about the price as I'm not so keen on them. I would prefers on foot and songhteaw. Songhteaw are so cheap and use the same systems as Chiangmai songtheaw.

Have fun :)

Malaysia
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lampang day trip, doable ???

Is the elephant hospital far from lampang town ? Would it be a problem to get songthaew to lampang town after a short visit at the hospital? Alright ,I'll go around on foot , it's budget friendly !

Many thanks !

CJ

Malaysia
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lampang day trip, doable ???

Silly me, I thought lamphun and lampang are the same ! Didnt know they are two different places until I googled it !

Reply to: Lampang day trip, doable ???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lampang