We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of boats to get around // other cash needs

Swarthmore, PA
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cost of boats to get around // other cash needs

I have looked through the forums and can't find recent answers to these questions.

I know that one gets from one part of the island to another by hopping a "taxi boat" (or longtail?). And I understand they are pretty easy to find. How much is it per person, generally? (Not talking about chartering for a day, just to hop a boat to get somewhere else)?

Besides that expense, what else will I need cash handy for? Most restaurants (I assume?) take plastic -- or should I have cash for everything?

Thanks.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,064 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of boats to get around // other cash needs

Subject to the destination a longtail boat trip cost between 80 to 200 Baht. Some restaurants in Ao Nang take plastic, bars usually don't. I don't know about Phi Phi.

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
948 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Swarthmore, PA
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of boats to get around // other cash needs

Thank you....the restaurants in Tonsai Village don't generally take plastic?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of boats to get around // other cash needs

Be wise to have a combination of cash and card - I personaly feel safer using cash than card outside of the resort.

You will need cash for shopping in 7/11's and most stalls.

4. Re: Cost of boats to get around // other cash needs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 04:12
;