We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money

Tyabb, Victoria...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Spending money

Can anyone give me some idea, excluding accommodation, how much spending money would two people need to eat, drink and tour at the high end of moderate for 5 days on Koh Yao and 5 days on Phi Phi?

I'm trying to figure out how much spending money we will need for the two of us. We would much rather eat locally than at the resort, but are relatively big drinkers (especially as we're leaving the kids behind LOL) and hope to have a few cocktails by the pool and beach as well. Also some idea of a fair price for snorkelling trips (local not resort) would be appreciated.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
1 review
1. Re: Spending money

Two big drinkers, I think 1000 Baht a day will do, unless you're giving a party and offering some rounds. The islands are more expensive than the mainland.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,371 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Spending money

I would say at least 2,000 baht a day, with food of course.

Tyabb, Victoria...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
3. Re: Spending money

Thanks for your responses.

"klongmauang" - do you mean 1000 Baht each? And no...no parties and shouting. Quality time with the hubby for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We're not intrested in the party or pub scene, more like candlelight dinners and cocktails on the beach.

"AjarnAndy" - same question. Do you mean 2000 Baht each or for both of us?

Thanks again

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,371 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Spending money

Hi Deanne.

For the two of us 2,500 baht was easily enough for one day. However, we are not great drinkers and we don't eat sea food on a daily basis.

Tyabb, Victoria...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
5. Re: Spending money

Thanks so much AjarnAndy.....I think I'll budget 4000 baht for the both of us, just to be on the safe side

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,371 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Spending money

Hi Deanne,

On that kind of budget you are playing very safe. Enjoy your time there.

Cheers, Andy.

7. Re: Spending money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 20:47