We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel on Long Beach

Yorks
4 posts
Save Topic
Best hotel on Long Beach

Hi,

My girlfriend and myself are going to be in Ko Phi Phi for three night at the end of July and were looking for a recommendation for a good 3 star hotel just far away from the beach parties etc. I have read a lot of the reviews on here which of course are mixed. It is my second visit to the island but last time I stayed at PP Palmtree resort which is in the thick of it.

The hotels which we have looked at are Paradise Peal (Although no swimming pool?), The Beach resort and the Arayaburi.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Andy

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
946 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Zeavola Resort
Zeavola Resort
#1 of 38 hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort
Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort
#2 of 38 hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island
Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island
#3 of 38 hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel on Long Beach

Out of the hotels you mentioned, we have only stayed in the Arayaburi. It's in a wonderful location with gorgeous views from the villas, but is not at Long Beach. You need to walk about a further 15-20 mins over quite rough ground to get to Long Beach from there (or take a longtail boat). The Arayaburi is quiet, but Long Beach is certainly quieter.

Mentioned in this post
Long Beach
Long Beach
1,840 Reviews
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Peoria, Illinois...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel on Long Beach

I stayed at the Long Beach Resort located at the very end of Long Beach. The cool part about the resort is that it is on the top of a cliff and the views from above are amazing. It was also super cheap, like $15 bucks a night . If you don't mind climbing steps, I would stay here. Friendly staff and probably one of the more isolated places on the whole island (complete opposite of the main strip that everyone stays on near the harbor). You can swim out around 4 pm and snorkel while sharks swim below you, awesome experience! The hotel also charters cheap long tails. I think the most underrated part of Ko Phi Phi is a little hidden bay called Wang Long Bay, go there!

Edited: 08 June 2012, 06:38
Mentioned in this post
Long Beach
Long Beach
1,840 Reviews
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
946 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Cumbria, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel on Long Beach

We stayed at Paradise Pearl a few months ago and absolutely loved it. Not cheap but well worth the money. P6 bungalow, just a stones throw from the beach, exceptionally quiet and beautifully finished. Easily the most expensive place we stayed in Thailand but worth blowing the budget. Can't imagine why you'd need a swimming pool with that beach there. The neighbouring Viking Resort looked nice for those on a budget. We ate there a couple of times and it was lovely. From Long Beach, long tail boats are 200 baht or its an easy walk. By the way, there were 4 of us - two 6 year olds. Whatever you decide, have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Long Beach
Long Beach
1,840 Reviews
Ko Lanta, Thailand
4. Re: Best hotel on Long Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 02:46
;