We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any quiet hotels in Ton Sai/Loh Dalum ?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any quiet hotels in Ton Sai/Loh Dalum ?

Just spending 1 night in Phi Phi. Disturbed by all the reports of music blasting out until 4/5am in the morning.

Can anyone recommend a quiet hotel where the noise isn't too bad in this area.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
951 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Phi Phi The Beach Resort
Phi Phi The Beach Resort
#4 of 38 hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Phi Phi Banyan Villa
Phi Phi Banyan Villa
#5 of 38 hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
P.P. Erawan Palms Resort
P.P. Erawan Palms Resort
#6 of 38 hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any quiet hotels in Ton Sai/Loh Dalum ?

Just in case there is anyone here :), I have booked the Bayview Resort for my 1 night on Phi Phi. At £73, it is by far (over £30) the most expensive hotel I'm staying in during my 5 week trip to Thailand, Malaysia & Hong Kong.

I've never read such a huge number of bad/terrible hotels reviews before, which are spread across virtually every hotel on the island, apart from the top half a dozen or so. You do get the distinct impression that its all about raking in the money here & barely a thought given to quality of service/accomodation.

Can only hope my hotel is as good as the price :)

Mentioned in this post
The Bayview Hotel
The Bayview Hotel
1,102 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
951 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Essex UK
Level Contributor
644 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any quiet hotels in Ton Sai/Loh Dalum ?

Hi Jay,

I did consider replying to your post earlier, but I'm not a great fan of Tonsai/Loh Dalum, and didn't want to make a negative post.

However, Bayview Resort is a good choice being located halfway between Tonsai and Long Beach at Laem Hin beach with Ayaburi also located here - both have impressive hillside bungalows with great views.

I think you've made a good choice.

Yes, Phi Phi is just getting more and more expensive.........but for us.......still worth the money.

Hope you enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Long Beach
Long Beach
1,844 Reviews
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
951 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any quiet hotels in Ton Sai/Loh Dalum ?

Thanks for your reply leigh. I'm quite happy with the hotel I've chosen after several hours of research. Decided it was worth spending an extra £40 to enjoy my 1 night on the island.

Pleased circumstances with accomodation elsewhere in Phuket, meant I had a spare night & realising that a day trip to Phi Phi was pretty pointless, due to journey times & the last ferry back to Phuket.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
951 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
UK
Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any quiet hotels in Ton Sai/Loh Dalum ?

please dont be put off by the reports of loud music...there arent many hotels within earshot of it...sure its on the beach but most hotels are far enough away not to hear anything....unless you stay on the town centre that is!..

http://travelpod.com/members/wherearetheynow

Habere-Poche, France
Level Contributor
51 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any quiet hotels in Ton Sai/Loh Dalum ?

I have the problem of wanting somewhere as quiet as possible, but within easy walking distance of the Visa Dive Centre because they offer such good deals for snorkellers.

I am 70, and don't want to be kept awake by loud music.

Which is the quietest hotel at Ton Sai?

I have also been disheartened by so many reviews, some mentioning bed bugs and rats, but in general most complaints seem to be about rooms being a bit small or shabby, which wouldn't bother me at all.

I can't afford more than about £70 (3500 baht) a night, so the luxury hotels like Holiday Inn are out of my reach.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any quiet hotels in Ton Sai/Loh Dalum ?

PP Insula was a great little hotel for only 1000 baht a night.

The room was clean, well decorated, has aircon and hot water, staff are friendly, it's quiet at night, there's secure entry to the hotel, close to the pier, close to the bars and restaurants, my room had a seaview.....

Mentioned in this post
PP Insula
PP Insula
362 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Habere-Poche, France
Level Contributor
51 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there any quiet hotels in Ton Sai/Loh Dalum ?

Many thanks, I will try to find some more information about the hotel.

8. Re: Are there any quiet hotels in Ton Sai/Loh Dalum ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 06:48