We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed bugs

scotland
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Bed bugs

Been looking at a lot of hotel reviews and they are saying in a lot of them they have bed bugs can anyone recommend a good clean hotel with no bed bugs

23 replies to this topic
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Bed bugs

I was thinking exactly that...we’ve booked JJ Residence for 1 night hoping that it’s ok 🤞🏼

Level Contributor
212 posts
2. Re: Bed bugs

Avoid 1 star places.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
3. Re: Bed bugs

bed bugs don't discriminate against 4 or 5 star hotels, they go wherever they're taken by their hosts.

though they're most commonly found in cheaper hotels because those hotels usually only use cold water to clean their sheets, which doesn't kill them.

there's no way of knowing in advance where they are, and reading reviews from ages ago is pointless too because those bugs will likely no longer be there.

I've only come across them twice out of 100s of hotels in Thailand. They were both cheap rooms.

Level Contributor
212 posts
4. Re: Bed bugs

You contradicted yourself.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
5. Re: Bed bugs

no I didn't.

Level Contributor
212 posts
6. Re: Bed bugs

Yes you did

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
7. Re: Bed bugs

didn't

Level Contributor
212 posts
8. Re: Bed bugs

"bed bugs don't discriminate against 4 or 5 star hotels"

"though they're most commonly found in cheaper hotels because those hotels usually only use cold water to clean their sheets, which doesn't kill them."

"there's no way of knowing in advance where they are"

Actually there is - cheap hotels without proper cleaning

"I've only come across them twice out of 100s of hotels in Thailand. They were both cheap rooms."

As I said cheap hotels.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
9. Re: Bed bugs

where's the contradiction, then? if I'd have said "bed bugs are only found in 4 star hotels", and then said "bed bugs are usually found in cheap hotels" there'd be a contradiction. since I didn't say anything like that, there isn't. read properly.

Level Contributor
212 posts
10. Re: Bed bugs

Yes ok child.

Reply to: Bed bugs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ko Phi Phi Don