We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get back to Krabi in this weather

2 posts
Save Topic
Best way to get back to Krabi in this weather

Hey! Just wondering if anyone knows of any other possible way of getting out of Phi Phi and back to Krabi that is not a ferry or speedboat? We arrived today on the ferry and our entire boat was throwing up and I just don’t think we can endure that again. We leave on Thursday so I am assuming the weather will still be the same. Any suggestions? Literally will do anything to avoid that trip again

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
9 replies to this topic
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,812 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get back to Krabi in this weather

Charter a helicopter? helicopterscharter.com/charter/…

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get back to Krabi in this weather

It's amazing how people forget about their own responsibility. Since days I am warning and give advisories about the current very bad weather situation and still people dare to board a vessel and head for Phi Phi ! Unbelievable !

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,709 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get back to Krabi in this weather

The only way on and off the island is by boat

Hopefully the weather calms down soon for you, and you don't have an urgent flight to catch

Are you in Tonsai now ?, how busy is the island currently ?

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get back to Krabi in this weather

Thank you! I thought so. Just wanted to check as that was a pretty traumatic ferry ride! Have you been on a speed boat before? Is that as bumpy?

Yes still on the island.. it has not been too busy on the streets as the weather has not been great. Lots of rain tonight so did not see many people out and about.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,709 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get back to Krabi in this weather

I only get the large ferrys to Phi Phi, I avoid speedboats as much as possible, unless they are the only option

I usually go to Phi Phi in Jan/Feb when the weather is great, have been a couple of times in May when its been good as well. Saying that, my visit this year in Jan 2018 was the 1st time its ever rained in 8 stays on the island.

At this time of year, the weather is not great and unpredictable as well. Next week, it will probably be lovely

Hope you get some good weather soon

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get back to Krabi in this weather

There used to be a submarine but it was discontinued a few years ago. Doubt it could get to Phuket though.

Sorry to hear about the weather but ferry seems to be your best option unless you have serious cash to allow you to rent a helicopter.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get back to Krabi in this weather

Read this morning, seas and chance of flooding in some areas is high possibility... 3 to 4 meter waves in the west coast areas ... Good luck.

Edited: 19 June 2018, 07:58
8. Re: Best way to get back to Krabi in this weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2018, 15:13

7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to get back to Krabi in this weather

CAn u suggest me is it good decision to stay 2 Nites at phi phi island or Karbi can u suggest me good resort in phi island

Reply to: Best way to get back to Krabi in this weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted