We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island exploring?

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Island exploring?

If I’m not going to rent a scooter what’s the best way to explore the island? I’m staying in Long Beach and want to see what’s down south along the coast. Make it to the lighthouse, see old town and maybe some interior. Thanks for any help. Chad

4 replies to this topic
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: Island exploring?

I'm also interested in this. Was looking to maybe rent a car (not a motorbike/scooter fan) but if I could fins a driver for the day that would be great.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,619 posts
169 reviews
2. Re: Island exploring?

In Jan 2018, we just hired a car for the day from a travel shop close to our hotel. Had plenty of time to explore the whole island, as its not really that big

2 posts
3. Re: Island exploring?

Mun Lanta... you can find him on FB...driver and vehicle hire for a day..great guy...good prices :)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
4. Re: Island exploring?

walk or taxi. there's no public transport on lanta. i think there must be songtaews for locals to get about, but doubt they go all the way south to the bottom of the island, because very few people living there.

Reply to: Island exploring?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted