We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Kradan - how to get there and prices

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Kradan - how to get there and prices

Hi everybody,

I am planning a trip to Thailand next year in February and found out about Koh Kradan, and it looks amazing.

I have already visited the other islands like PhiPhi and Similans but this time I am looking for something more peaceful and relaxed (= less party :)).

I could really use some tips on how to get to Koh Kradan from Trang Airport, also it would be really great to know in advance how much that would cost as I read that there are no ATMs in Koh Kradan.

Hope there is someone who could help me :)

Cheers

Gaia

Edmonton
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Kradan - how to get there and prices

KK Travel has a minibus / boat that leaves from their office across from the train station at 11 am (450 baht). From the airport to the train station??? Tuk tuk? Sorry can't help you there.

NSW Mid North Coast
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Kradan - how to get there and prices

Hi,

I was looking for the same info except in January. I land at Trang approx 9.30am and want to get straight out to Koh Kradan. I see that Tigerline ferry has a combined minibus/ferry ticket from the airport to Koh Kradan but are charging 1,150 baht which is really expensive.

is it easy and a lot cheaper to get a mini bus to the pier and then longtail out to Kradan or might I be stuck waiting for others to share a boat?

any advice is greatly appreciated - also on how to get from Kradan to Koh Tarutao - does the Lanta-Langkawi ferry pcik-up at Kradan??

cheers

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,044 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Kradan - how to get there and prices

There are touts at the airport meeting incoming flights, who will offer you a free ride to downtown Trang if you book your transfer (and maybe first overnight) with their travel agency. Agencies offer a van and long-tail boat transfer. I forget the cost but it's reasonable.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Kradan - how to get there and prices

hey thanks for the help!

In the end i arranged with Jip Trangisland Trangtour <trangtours@gmail.com>.

This is the price range:

- minivan from Trang airport to Khuan tungku pier 1000 /1 minivan and Private

- Longtail boat to Koh Kradan 1500/1 Longtailboat

- total 2500 bhat one way

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Kradan - how to get there and prices

I don't think this price is cheap or reasonable.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,044 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Kradan - how to get there and prices

It's always a mistake to book these things ahead on the internet. You can arrange quite easily on the spot and pay a lot less.

7. Re: Koh Kradan - how to get there and prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Ko Kradan