We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to rameshwaram

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
trip to rameshwaram

Hi

I from north india and would like to make a trip to rameshwaram with my family (parents and wife). I want your help in making the itenary and covering must visit places in that belt ( including tourist places, etc.). Budget is not a constraint and time we have is 6-7 days.

Also from where can we books pooja's in advance at temples.

Appreciate your help.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,304 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to rameshwaram

Rameshwaram is a very small Island Town effectively one full day is more than sufficient even if you do want to perform any pooja I guess you can exclude the day of arrival and allocate another full day at Rameshwaram to perform the poojas, any pooja bookings can be done on your day of Arrival.

Last year we arrived at Madurai and hired a vehicle for 1 Night and returned back next day.

May be other members can provide more details.

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to rameshwaram

Thanks for your valuable inputs. Are there any other places 100-200kms near by Rameshwaram which can be convered in the same trip as we have fewdays.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to rameshwaram

Hi

Cover Madurai Meenakshi tAmman temple

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to rameshwaram

Hi Kamals1980,

In the time span and the distance you have mentioned, you may cover entire South Tamil Nadu. The itinerary can be suggested, if you could share your travel plans, as to from where you plan to depart and the mode of transportation. Places that can be covered around Rameswaram in the said time span would be Madurai, Rameswaram, Kanyakumari, Kodaikanal, Courtallam, Ramnad, Thiruchendur, Tuticorin etc.

Regards

Prasanna

5. Re: trip to rameshwaram

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 October 2013, 17:35
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: trip to rameshwaram

My travel plans are flexible as of now. I will be taking flights from mumbai so wanted to understand the routing to book flights and logistics so as to enable covering important and major destinations.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip to rameshwaram

You may consider doing Mumbai - Trivandrum sector and plan the return based on you itinerary. You haven't mentioned the purpose of your trip as purely religious or mixed. I would suggest you to consider Trivandrum - Kanyakumari - Thiruchendur - Rameswaram - Madurai and back to Mumbai from Madurai, if yours is a only religious one. So, you need to come back with what kind of trip you are looking for or the mix of people travelling and interests.

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: trip to rameshwaram

Mix use for sure. Can avoid kanyakumari as we have been there before during Kerela trip. Can consider srilanka from chennai as an extension for 5 - 6 days at the end. For us both Indians Rameshwaram is important "Dham" so that's must rest needed your guidance on major points like kodiakanal, etc during this trip as may not be able to cover other places separately. Hope I have made myself clear. Thanks once again for your help.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trip to rameshwaram

Hi kamals1980,

As for the latest update to go to Colombo you do not need to visit Chennai unless and otherwise intended You have direct flight facility Madurai-Colombo by spicejet Airways

So Arrive Madurai finish your Rameshwaram trip and back to Madurai for Colombo flight

regards,

Alen_10

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip to rameshwaram

You can do this as a Mumbai - Coimbatore - Madurai - Mumbai trip or Mumbai - Madurai - Mumbai trip depending on your final plan and direct flight availability. The plan may be Coimbatore - Ooty/Coonoor/Kotagiri - Coimbatore - Palani - Thiruchendur - Rameswaram - Madurai - Kodaikanal - Madurai - Mumbai. Else you may also plan Mumbai - Madurai - Rameswaram - Thiruchendur - Coutallam - Srivilliputhur - Kodaikanal - Madurai - Mumbai. Alongwith Rameswaram, you may consider visiting Thirupullani, Sethukarai, Uthirakosamangai and Devipattinam. Once you decide on the places, we can finalise the itinerary and travel.

Regards

Prasanna