We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have to perform ceremony of ancestors at Rameswaram.

Chennai, India
5 posts
Save Topic
I have to perform ceremony of ancestors at Rameswaram.

pl advise the facility available for performing ceremony for ancestors at rameswaram.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have to perform ceremony of ancestors at Rameswaram.

Hi ggopi01,

Welcome to Trip Advisor.

Rameswaram is a town meant for what you call "Pitru Tharpanam", i.e., performing rites to our ancestors. It is very auspicious to perform these ceremonies there as the mythology says that Lord Rama, himself performed the rites there. It depends on what kind of ceremonies you prefer to do. This towns is full of purohits from all parts of India and you can fix one the previous day. The Purohit will guide you from then and be very clear about your budget and the way you want to perform the ceremony, whether homam or just hiranyam, how many brahmins you want, whether food need to them served to them and you etc. Please bear in mind this is the most important commercial activity there and you would get people performing this in any budget.

Let me know in case you want further details with regards to this, as I was in Rameswaram just a couple of months ago to do the same. I would be able to guide. Everything can be prebooked and would be ready when you arrive there.

Feel free to revert for any clarifications.

Regards

Prasanna

Edited: 05 May 2012, 12:53
Chennai, India
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I have to perform ceremony of ancestors at Rameswaram.

Hi Prasanna..

Thanks so much. Your reply was quite informative. will revert to you, incase I need further information.

God Bless You.

G.Gopinathan

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have to perform ceremony of ancestors at Rameswaram.

You are welcome. Pleasure is mine.

Regards

Prasanna

Chennai, India
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I have to perform ceremony of ancestors at Rameswaram.

Dear Shri.Prasanna,

Greetings to you and to your family!

As I am planning for a one day stay at Rameswaram, I wish to pre-book arrangements so that when I reach there I would be in a position to complete the ceremony and return on the same day. Kindly help me with details. Best wishes and Regards,

G.Gopinathan

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I have to perform ceremony of ancestors at Rameswaram.

Hi Mr.Gopinathan,

I have messaged you with the contact details of the people who would be of use to you.

I presume you would reach Rameswaram latest by 7.00 AM, as that would give you the time to complete the ceremonies and also have a darshan of the main deity. I stayed in a property called Hotel Queen Palace.

Feel free to revert for any clarifications.

Regards

Prasanna

Chennai, India
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I have to perform ceremony of ancestors at Rameswaram.

Dear Sir,

Thanks so much. I will be reaching Rameswaram At 4.00 a.m. and planning to leave by 8 p.m.

Best Wishes and Regards,

G.Gopinathan

Mobile:9600189148

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I have to perform ceremony of ancestors at Rameswaram.

Dear Mr.Gopinath,

4.00 AM would be the right time. My suggestion would be to fix up a hotel, check in, wash and change, and leave for the famous Spatika Lingam Dharsan. After that you may come back to the room and relax for maybe half an hour or start the ceremonies as per the arrangement with the sastrigal. This way you would finish the ceremonies and the holy dip before 11.30 or 12.00 depending on what all you have planned. After lunch, you will have sometime to catch up some sleep and then do a sight seeing of Rameswaram from 3.00 PM to 6.00 PM, to leave by 8.00 PM. This is only a suggestion and you may decide on based on your choices.

Have a great trip and feel free to revert for any clarifications,

Regards

Prasanna

Chennai, India
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I have to perform ceremony of ancestors at Rameswaram.

Dear Shri.Prasanna,

Thanks so much. You have taken time to give maximum details that any prospective traveller would find it a delight. I am no exception. Your suggestion, I am sure would meet my requirement exactly. I once again thank you for that. I will certainly share my experience after the visit as well.

I am yet to receive the contact details that you have messaged. Kindly do the needful.

God bless you and your family,

G.Gopinathan

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I have to perform ceremony of ancestors at Rameswaram.

Dear Mr.Gopinath,

Those are really very kind words sir. Thanks for the blessings.

Regards

Prasanna

banglore
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: I have to perform ceremony of ancestors at Rameswaram.

Hi Prasanna,

We are planning to do ceremony in Rameshwaram.Any previous booking for hotels or if we come directly whether rooms will be available.To whom we need consult for Purohits there in Rameshwaram.Can you give details