We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palani to Kodaikanal road condition

Karwar, Karnataka...
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Palani to Kodaikanal road condition

I Planned to go from palani to kodaikanal by alto car, whether road condition is good & road is suitable for alto car.

Theni, India
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Palani to Kodaikanal road condition

Hi Mahesh

Compare to Battlagundu - Kodaikanal Ghats road, Palani - Kodaikanal Ghats Rood condition is good. Not Advice-able to climb alone after 6:00pm.

Princess of Hills Awaits for you

$ichot

Edited: 05 November 2012, 11:26
Kodaikanal
Level Contributor
40 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palani to Kodaikanal road condition

Hi Mahesh

Compare to Battlagundu - Kodaikanal Ghats road, Palani - Kodaikanal Ghats Rood condition is good. Not Advice-able to climb alone after 6:00pm.

Princess of Hills Awaits for you

$ichot

Karwar, Karnataka...
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palani to Kodaikanal road condition

Sir;

Thank you for your valuable suggestions.

Edited: 05 November 2012, 13:08
erode
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Palani to Kodaikanal road condition

i want the bus timings from palani to kodaikanal. when is the first bus from palani to kodaikanal in hte morning

Kodaikanal, India
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palani to Kodaikanal road condition

Hi Vinoth123

Bus Timings Palani - Kodaikanal

06.05 AM 07.50 AM 8.30 AM 10.30 AM 12.00 PM 01.00 PM 01.40 PM 3.15 PM 3.45 PM 4.30 PM 7.30 PM

Your's Traveller Friend

$ichot

chennai
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Palani to Kodaikanal road condition

I understand the last government bus from palani to kodaikanal is at 2.45 PM. is this correct?

You have mentioned the buses run after 3 PM daily. Are these government buses or are these private buses?

can you please clarifiy?

Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palani to Kodaikanal road condition

Well, the best way would be via palladam -dharapuram-palani and then to take the ghat road via perumal malai. The pollachi - udumalpet road is shorter by 8 km but is narrower and more crowded. You might consider having darshan at Palani temple as the way to kodaikanal goes via the wench station. The road is narrow, not very good at places, but there are hardly vehicles in this route and most of the time you have the road for yourself other than a lone 2 wheeler or a trekker. There is a flip side to it - if you have a breakdown, help is not easy to get. This was my first hill drive and I went up to kodai in 1.5 hours from palani without a glitch. you find yourself driving in 1st or 2nd gear most of the time. have a full tank - petrol in kodai is costlier and there are no stations on the way up!! you might just be getting a mileage of 6-7kmpl on your drive up

Save Reply
8. Re: Palani to Kodaikanal road condition

i am reaching palani by train at 7.30 am we are a group of 8 people 4 couples how can we go to kodaikanal from palani and how much time will it take us to reach please advice which mode is better and the appx cost

9. Re: Palani to Kodaikanal road condition

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2016, 11:45