We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit to kurangani in theni district

CHENNAI
2 posts
Save Topic
visit to kurangani in theni district

Hi friends, I would like to visit Kurangani Hill Station in Theni District. Could any one please guide me how to reach there and what the places to visit. Also tell me about the facilities available for accomodation with family.

Regards

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,157 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visit to kurangani in theni district

Hi

Glad to hear some interest "off the beaten path".

Kurangani, is definitely an unexplored hill and forest locale, just off the town of Bodhinayakanur (in fact it is just about 15 Kms from here). Theni is the next closest town (30 Kms).

We had driven down to this place during Jan 2009. The roads were not very good (especially from Bodhi it was quite bumpy). We did not stay there overnight (for there were hardly anything decent at that time). There were no gas stations, only BSNL Mobile phones worked and there were a few small hotels serving some basic but very tasty lunch.

However, recently i remember reading an article that this place is being taken up for development by the Government. I have no idea if things have started to improve since then.

regards

Rajan

CHENNAI
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visit to kurangani in theni district

Dear Mr. Rajan,

Thank you very much for your post.

May I expect some more information from other friends about facilities available for a overnight stay.

Regards,

CHENNAISRIDHAR

3. Re: visit to kurangani in theni district

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 15:46