We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Cave paintings

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
121 posts
459 reviews
478 helpful votes
Location of Cave paintings
Save

Where exactly are the cave paintings located in Bundi? Are they in same place or are spread over a long span? What are the traceable landmarks/towns on map?

9 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi
Level Contributor
13,587 posts
12 reviews
32 helpful votes
1. Re: Location of Cave paintings
Save

Go to Bundi and talk to Kukki !

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
121 posts
459 reviews
478 helpful votes
2. Re: Location of Cave paintings
Save

I am interested in Location

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
4,457 posts
8 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Location of Cave paintings
Save

Kukki is the only option which you got. he can take you there

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
121 posts
459 reviews
478 helpful votes
4. Re: Location of Cave paintings
Save

I guess the cave paintings were discovered by him and I have met him (but not gone to cave site) and I thoroughly respect his enthusiasm and devotion. However, I have a question will the World lose this heritage when Kukki is not around?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
133 helpful votes
5. Re: Location of Cave paintings
Save

ddevarshi, From your posts on TA I have noticed that you are a history & archaeology buff.

Have you visited Bhimbetka and nearby area ? In fact MP is full of little gems.

I have viisted Garhi Padavali, Mitawali, Kakan Math, Pawaya, Baldev kundi near Gwalior. They are Beautiful and you have all the places to yourself to explore and marvel at the beauty of it.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
121 posts
459 reviews
478 helpful votes
6. Re: Location of Cave paintings
Save

Thanks for taking trouble to reply. However, I request you to appreciate that I am not novice. Whatever you have told me is already there in my question and that google can help is also known to me. If I had found it on Google, do you think I would have still posted a question here? Anyway your reply has given me a satisfaction that someone is reading at least.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
121 posts
459 reviews
478 helpful votes
7. Re: Location of Cave paintings
Save

Mr. Yogi. Please ignore the reply that I have sent. It was intended for reply to my question on Banjaron KI chhatri. I have been to Bhim bethaka twice but the rest are all news to me. I will certainly try to visit the places mentioned by you.

8. Re: Location of Cave paintings

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

What are forum guidelines?

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
121 posts
459 reviews
478 helpful votes
9. Re: Location of Cave paintings
Save

Great. I met your father with dr rajeev who works for govt college. I am glad to learn that you are continuing his good work. I plan to visit bundi again in next one or two months and would like to see lesser known place including bhimlat.

Reply to: Location of Cave paintings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bundi
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.