We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the most upmarket place in Bundi to stay

Hatteras Island...
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
32 helpful votes
What is the most upmarket place in Bundi to stay
Save

I have done a bit of research but I am having trouble identifying any upmarket hotels. Most of the rooms are topping out at $30-$40. For the rest of the holiday we are staying in Taj/Oberoi type places but I would love to visit Bundi so give me some ideas! Must haves are clean, attached bathroom and AC. Wants are rooftop restaurant, great view and in a beautiful setting.

8 replies to this topic
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
6 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: What is the most upmarket place in Bundi to stay
Save

Dear Catherine T

Hope you doing well... since Bundi is an offbeat place and has many monuments but all are hidden gems, and mostly famous among domestic travelers (even though many International tourists visit). So don't has upmarket categories hotels. You can have look on - Hadoti Palace, Ishawri Niwas Palace etc.

Another option for upmarket hotels is "Kota" , It's around 40km away from Bundi. In Kota you can get few 3 star hotels & 4 star hotel as well. Hope it helps :) take care.

Thanks & Regards

Bajrang Jat

Guide India Tour

Hatteras Island...
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
32 helpful votes
2. Re: What is the most upmarket place in Bundi to stay
Save

Thank you so much for your reply. To be clear I am asking what the most upmarket/nicest hotel is in Bundi. At the moment I have identified the Bundi Inn and Bundi Villas as candidates but I was wondering if I was missing something as booking sites from the USA aren't that great it seems for India.

I took a look at the Hadoti Palace and the IN Palace but they seemed to get rather poor reviews.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
3. Re: What is the most upmarket place in Bundi to stay
Save

>> Thank you so much <<

Exactly when do you think you are undertaking this trip?

Also, you are going to have a highly sanitised experience of India by staying in "Taj/Oberoi type places". To be clear, you won't experience India in full [if at all].

Hatteras Island...
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
32 helpful votes
4. Re: What is the most upmarket place in Bundi to stay
Save

This is a hopeful trip being planned for 2022. Well aware it may not happen. Have had over 14 trips cancelled already but I enjoy dreaming and planning still.

Anyway to answer your question I have four kids! Hence sanitized version of India. And I don't want to derail my own thread - given at I am seriously interested in Bundi hotel recommendations - but don't worry about the version of India I will see - we have been four times before (twice as backpackers) - this is just a different type of trip.

Agra, India
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
9,666 posts
13 reviews
18 helpful votes
5. Re: What is the most upmarket place in Bundi to stay
Save

You can look at Hadoti Palace and Country Inn and suites at Kota.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
6 reviews
17 helpful votes
6. Re: What is the most upmarket place in Bundi to stay
Save

As you asked - Must haves are clean, attached bathroom and AC etc. Easily in a modern style hotel you can get all. And Hadoti Palace is a one of than, on Google it has good reviews. Bundi Inn and Bundi Villas are Heritage properties, later on converted in hotels. If you still concern about sanitized and all, can stay at "Country Inn & suites" at Kota, as I mentioned in above post its around 40km from Bundi.

>> booking sites from the USA aren't that great << you can ask any trusted travel agent in Rajasthan to book for you.

Don't stop dreaming, we are almost there. Soon this pandemic will be over. And I am sure your kids will love India as you do....

Stay healthy :)

Regards Bajrang

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
7. Re: What is the most upmarket place in Bundi to stay
Save

>> Hence sanitized version of India. <<

Personally I think the children would be entirely happy in local hotels and homestays.

That aside - if you really want to stick to 'western' style hotels, then you may as well consider 'doing' Bundi as a day trip from Udaipur. It might be a long day, but that's probably the only way to satisfy your requirements of seeing Bundi, and staying somewhere upmarket.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
3,943 posts
15 reviews
14 helpful votes
8. Re: What is the most upmarket place in Bundi to stay
Save

As suggested, Bundi is a small place, and not all tourists visit Bundi. However, it is a pretty interesting place and is quite good for a nice sunrise experience with the lake & hills around.

Also, hadoti palace is a good option for a night or two.

Regards

Walks By Arif Tours

Reply to: What is the most upmarket place in Bundi to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bundi
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.