We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

we have had good rains and school holidqays due to cwg in delhi is it a good idea to travel bharatpur sanctuary .or shud i wait for winter months.i m travelling with small kid.

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

ok which hotels u suggest below 4000 per night range in agra

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,028 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

Many good hotels - Pushpvilla, Royal Residency,Utkarsh vilas, Kant hotel, Ashish palace, Mandakini vilas, Gangaratan, Amaryatri niwas, Mansingh, Amar hotel ...... .

deepak

Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

Hi ..

If you are travelling with kids you of to take care for them also .You are specially want to see birds then wait up to peak winter season after November it is good time .

The hotels accomadation below range of 4000 in Agra are :-

1 Hotel Ganga Ratan

2 Hotel Royale Residency

3 Hotel Mandakini Villas

4 Mayur Tourist complex

5 Hotel Aditya Palace

Edited: 20 September 2010, 16:15
delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

thanx deepak and dipika for ur suggestions. W ell i need to fill the october school holidays so will be visiting in october itself.I wonder y these 2 and 3 star hotels in agra have bad reputation on tripadvisor i may well choose bharatpur itself to stay ,away from the crowd i guess.

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

had a great one day trip to agra-bharatpur-deeg-brindavan-delhi..However never visit Taj on a public holiday.Though Bharatpur was really great for a delhi guy like me. We stayed in bharatpur and loved it and visited the bagh resort for dinner and laxmi vilas palace at night.U were right guys ,bharatpur looks a great place with wetlands and abundant water.Saw many birds and jackal , turtles as well.

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

Ah a happy customer....did you see any tigers????

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

Hippie there are no tigers at bharatpur sanctuary,though the setting is quite perfect from chaotic city life.

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

My question was toungue in cheek but there have been sightings of Tigers over the years.

Recently there was a Tiger attack at a village near Mathura, the tiger was thought to have been in Bharatpur after losing it's way out of Ranthambore, there are still "green Corridors" connecting the two parks and 4 -5 years back they found a dead tiger at Bharatpur....

Sent a tingle up my spine when I thought of all those early morning strolls in the park.

www.indianexpress.com/storyOld.php…

Edited: 14 October 2010, 12:39
delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

Yeah thats exciting stuff, though a bit scary as well.

20. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2011, 10:48