We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

we have had good rains and school holidqays due to cwg in delhi is it a good idea to travel bharatpur sanctuary .or shud i wait for winter months.i m travelling with small kid.

Jaipur, Rajasthan
Level Contributor
264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

Days are hot in October. The migratory birds starts their arrival in October itself. Yes rains would ensure ample water body.

You can plan a trip it should not be a problem however the weather may not be as pleasant as during peak winters.

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

We are planning brindavan-agra-bharatpur with one night stay. where shud we stay agra or bharatpur. and what is good time for bird watching in bharatpur

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,652 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

Stay at ITDC Bharatpur Forest Lodge. The best accommodation (location wise) in Bharatpur. Its in side the sanctuary.

Jaipur, Rajasthan
Level Contributor
264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

November onwards is good time for bird watching. The Migratory birds have arrived by then and can be spotted in large number. With good rains we expect some rare birds to be spotted this year.

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

thanx roy and pathfinder for ur suggestions. i hope staying in sanctuary does not attract mosquitoes and lizards as my wife wont like that.

Jaipur, Rajasthan
Level Contributor
264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

Don't worry you can use repellent plus they do have proper rooms with windows doors etc. Outdoor is where the real jungle feel is all about.

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

Just to add the park offers a whole lot more than JUST the migratory birds. it hosts a myriad of local birds lite Serpent Eagles, Purple Moorhens, Yellow Legged Green Pigeons, Pygmy Wood peckers, Dusky Eagle Owls, Scopic Owls, Nightjars, Kingfishers, the list goes on....

There are also Jungle cats, jackals, porcupines, pythons, Sambar, Chital, Nilgai and Boar

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

thanx for additional information hippie.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

One more info, Many Rickshawpullers whom you can hire for a sanctuary tour are very good at spotting birds. Some of them were trained by celebrated Ornithologist, Dr. Salim Ali's Bombay Natiral History Society.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is it good time in october2010 to visit bharatpur

Your enquiry regarding stay at Bharatpur or Agra - my suggestion is to stay in Agra as the place has more choice when looking for hotel accomodation.

People prefer to go in park area in morning and afternoon. Max. no. of migratory birds you see in Nov. Dec. and Jan.

deepak