We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waghah Border Visit

Hyderabad, Andhra...
6 posts
Save Topic
Waghah Border Visit

We have Planned visit to Amristar in Mid May.-2012..and have booked our return train ticket from Amristar to Delhi by train departing at 7.30 PM.. Since the ceremony is held after sunset can we attend the ceremony and return to Amristar Station by 7.pm I solicit valuable advise

regards,

VBRao

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,609 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waghah Border Visit

I donot suggest you for wagha border if you are catching a train at 0730 pm

Hyderabad, Andhra...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Waghah Border Visit

Thank..you will i will be able to make if i book to& fro taxi...and if I leave wagah border by sharp..6.30pm....Thanks..for ur immdiate response

Hyderabad, Andhra...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Waghah Border Visit

Thank..you will i will be able to make if i book to& fro taxi...and if I leave wagah border by sharp..6.30pm....Thanks..for ur immdiate response

Hyderabad, Andhra...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Waghah Border Visit

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,609 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waghah Border Visit

I donot suggest you for wagha border if you are catching a train at 0730 pm

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waghah Border Visit

hi vinay,

It will be better to book another train like below.

12904 GOLDN TEMPLE ML i P ASR 21.25 NZM 07.05 09.40 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Av Av Av x x Av x x

18508 HIRAKUND EXP P ASR 23.45 NZM 08.30 08.45 R x x Y x x Y Y x Av Av x x Av x x

Hyderabad, Andhra...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Waghah Border Visit

Thank you for your valuable advise..

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
216 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waghah Border Visit

Hi,

The ceremony at Wagah is tied up with sunset times... if your train is at 7:30 pm you should leave wagah at-least by 6:00 pm.... Give urself room for travel , maybe traffic or any other unforeseeable problems. At the moment the sunset times are estimated to be between 6-6:30... timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html…

I would suggest that you move your departure timings to a later train if possible.

Hyderabad, Andhra...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Waghah Border Visit

Thank you for your valuable advise..

10. Re: Waghah Border Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 04:11