We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarai accomodation at Golden Temple

Mumbai
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sarai accomodation at Golden Temple

Hi friends

I am planning to visit Amritsar with my family by Dec 2011 and would like to book few rooms in one of the six niwas (not the shared dorm kind of accomodation). If anyone has stayed in these kind of property please respond to the following questions

-Generally what is the process of booking a room. Will I get a room if I book 2 / 3 monthe in advance

-Please share the condition of the room (cleanliness, wash rooms etc)

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
216 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarai accomodation at Golden Temple

rooms are generally first come first served basis. I havent stayed at the Sarai but i recon they are decent, not exactly your 5 star hotel but i am assuming habitable.

http://www.sgpc.net/sarai-booking/index.asp

Please check this link and hopefully you can make a better informed decision.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarai accomodation at Golden Temple

one of my friends stayed at a sarai and they faced problems with rats in the rooms so they shifted out of it and booked them selves in a nearby guest house- which had neater and cleaner rooms and washrooms

3. Re: Sarai accomodation at Golden Temple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2012, 10:48