We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time taken by train from jalandhar to shimla

nawanshahr
5 posts
Save Topic
time taken by train from jalandhar to shimla

sir, i wanted to know how much time will it take to travel from jalandhar to shimla by train and also let me by bus plz and which is the quicker way to reach bus or train let me know timmings by both

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
216 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: time taken by train from jalandhar to shimla

train journey would mean that you will have to go to ambala first and den change trains there, as there is no direct link between the jal and shimla.... bus would probably be through chandigarh...cant really specify nythin bout times as it depends upon the train you take nd if it gets delayed....bus shld be 8 hours!!!!

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: time taken by train from jalandhar to shimla

Hi,

As suggested by Indian-jones, there is no direct connectivity between Jalandhar and Shimla. First you will have to reach Chandigarh ...Its best to take AC bus from Jalandhar to Chandigarh. There are about 4 Mercedes/Volvo Bus operators between Amritsar to Chandigarh...all these buses pass through Jalandhar Byepass. You can pre-book these buses and board from either PAP Chownk Or from Haveli Restaurant . Alternatively, normal buses/government AC buses operate every 5-10 mins from Jalandhar to Chandigarh from Jalandhar bus stand.

Once you reach Chandigarh, you will have to take a train/bus further to Kalka. My suggestion is to take bus to Kalka/Shimla. The toy train to Shimla starts from Kalka (Narrow Gauge Line) and it takes more than 6 hours to reach Shimla.

The fastest is bus travel. Jalandhar - Chandigarh - Shimla - Approx 8 hours with back to back connectivity.

3. Re: time taken by train from jalandhar to shimla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 14:49