We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting golden temple and wagah border

pranav
2 posts
Save Topic
visiting golden temple and wagah border

I would like to visit waga border on 27th february (saturday) with my family. I will be coming from delhi by train from delhi. aftet getting down at Amritsar station:

1. Can I get an auto/taxi from there directly to wagah boarder? how much distance is there and what will be the charge?

2. wagah ceremony will be there on saturdays? If yes, at what time ? since it is winter then the ceremony will be at 4.30. or so? And Since I am coming directly from the railway station, can I take my luggage ( may be one shoulder bag)to the ceremony premises?

regards

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
216 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting golden temple and wagah border

yes and yes but the ceremony is at 4 in da evening (app)....and as far as the fare is concerned well it can anywhr frm 300 to 500 depending upon ur hagglin skills...

Chandigarh
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting golden temple and wagah border

Its nice to know you are visiting Amritsar.

Yes we can send you an Innova to go to Wagah Border for the tour :

Each car has different rates :

Maruti van on Gas, Indica, SUV Innova : It depends on your budget. & no. of people travelling together.

Rs. 500/- for Van, Indica : Rs. 750/-, Innova : Rs. 1000/-

You can also stay at Hotel CJ International, Opp. Golden Temple & can book beautiful rooms overlooking GOLDEN TEMPLE on their site : www.hotelcj.in , You don't need a cab to go to Golden Temple as it is located right opp. & also Jallian wala bagh walking distance only 100 metres.

3. Re: visiting golden temple and wagah border

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Amritsar