We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi: Amritsar Airport to Hotel City Heart nr Golden Temple

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi: Amritsar Airport to Hotel City Heart nr Golden Temple

Hi what is the best way to get from Amritsar Airport --> Hotel City heart (which is near the Airport) ? I assume it is taxi - how much should this cost ?

Also i want to visit the Wagh Border - how much is a fair price for a return journey ?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi: Amritsar Airport to Hotel City Heart nr Golden Temple

You may ask your hotel for free pick up from the airport. Usually the airport hotels oblige.

Few months back we hired a Qualis for the Wagah visit and we paid Rs. 500 for the return trip for the entire vehicle....

People quote much hire, but don't pay more, we met a tour party at Wagah who had hired an 8 seater Maruti Omni van for Rs. 400 only.

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi: Amritsar Airport to Hotel City Heart nr Golden Temple

Hi K Yogi - thanks again for your advice... there will be 2 of us. and our hotel is near the golden temple. They have quoted 650 for airport pickup - i think it is too much... so i will most likely have to grab one from the airport... or hire one for the day... and use it for Airport pickup - hotel - wagh border - hotel. what do you think a fair price ought to be and any other suggestions...

How much should just airport --> hotel (near amritsar) be ?

How much should the above plus wagh boorder return be ? (poss day hire)

Ta

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi: Amritsar Airport to Hotel City Heart nr Golden Temple

At the airport, pre paid taxi service is available. The airport is some 10 Kms from the city. A taxi should not charge more than Rs. 250-300 for the same.

Many taxi guys roam around Golden temple scouting for Wagah goers....

May call up 09815834727, 09855545151 for prebooking.

4. Re: Taxi: Amritsar Airport to Hotel City Heart nr Golden Temple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2010, 09:48