We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Query

7 posts
Query

I will start my journey from amritsar on 17th oct early morningand to dalhousie kulu manali and simla and return back to Delhi on 21st night from simla.

1.is it possible to cover these places within this period.

2.if not what is the other option in which I can cover at least some of these places.

3.i have no idea of these places so wl u plz tell me how is the expected weather in October in these places.

4.do I need to carry woolen dresses.

5.what wl be the total cost approximately if I cover most of my journey by hiring a vehicle.

5 replies to this topic
Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
21,630 posts
394 reviews
1. Re: Query

Its 3 places and all places are 7-8 hr to travel between them,means 3 places 3 nights.If taking literally yes you can visit all places but only thing you will do will be continuous traveling from one place to another ,not enjoying any one place.

If simla is compulsory to visit then do Manali Shimla otherwise Dalhousie-Dharamshala.

Edited: 07 August 2018, 09:07
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Query

You need to carry the woolen clothes for both Dalhousie and Manali. it is going to be cold at that time.

Udaipur, India
Level Contributor
451 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Query

Hi Mony,

Yes, you can visit Himachal in Oct from Amritsar, we suggest

1st Day Morning Amritsar to Dalhousie transfer after lunch Half day sightseeing & stay

2nd Day Transfer Dalhousie to Manali & stay (Its take 10 to 12 hrs)

3rd Day Manali sightseeing & stay

4th Day Morning transfer to Shimla & Aafter Lunch Half day sightseeing

5th Day Shimla to Delhi drop

You can cover everything just need to start in morning time.

Himachal is hill area so you need to carry woolen dresses.

Normally sedan cost ₹ 18,000 to 20,000 & SUV ₹ 23,000 to 25,000 included all toll, parking & HP, HR State tax.

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Query

I suggest a layover at Dharamshala / McLoedGanj. It is on your way from Dalhousie to Manali anyways. Its alot more scenic and you get to experience Tibetan culture at its best here (probably the only place in the world).

7 posts
5. Re: Query

Hi

Thanx 4 answering all my queries so patiently and meticulously.

If I hire a cab on 17th morning from amritsar and cover all the places like dharmasala kulu manali simla and back to Delhi on 22nd wt will be the total charge including all taxes

Reply to: Query
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted