We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit in Munnar

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Places to visit in Munnar

Hi All,

I am planning for a Munnar trip in Dec.Can you please guide me what are the places to visit and what are the fares?Can you also please suggest me when to go to which place? I am thinking of a 2 day tour.Please suggest me.

Idukki, India
Level Contributor
121 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit in Munnar

Valara, Cheeyappara waterfalls, Karadippara view point etc are the places you should visit and elephant riding

Thanks & Regards

sarankumar

yatramantra

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit in Munnar

In 2 days you can cover

Day 1 - Top station drive - Photo Point, Mattupetty Dam, Echo Point, Kundala dam & Top station

Day 2 - Pothamedu Viewpoint, Attukkad Falls, Karadipara Viewpoint.

If you have another day, you can visit Eravikulam National Park(Rajamalai)

Read my Munnar travel blog - …travelpod.com/travel-blog/…tpod.html

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit in Munnar

@ sarankumar: Thank you so much

Edited: 27 August 2012, 20:47
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to visit in Munnar

@ Fleming_Joseph: Thank you so much. It's very well constructed plan for 2 days.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to visit in Munnar

Hi All,

Can you please let me know which transport mode should i choose to visit all the places?Me and my wife will be there.So totally 2 person.Should we hire a cab?or is there any travel agency which can operate this kind of tour with a group of people?which is cost effective?

6. Re: Places to visit in Munnar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2016, 12:02
kochin
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to visit in Munnar

hi

Munnar is well connected by roads from Eranakulam. every 15 minutes KSRTC and Private buses to Munnar. District Tourism Promotion Council operate daily sight seeing trips to all major sight seeing spots in Munnar. The Office of DTPC in the heart of munnar town. Major sight seeing places are

Cheyappara Water falls,Valara Water falls and Karadi para view point. These places are on the Kochin Munnar National High way.

Next day you can visit Rajamala,Tea Museum, Mattupetty Dam, Echo point, Kundala Dam, And top station.

If you looking for a budget tour choose public transport and you can save about 3000 as car rent.

Mumbai...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to visit in Munnar

Hello Sir,

I am Hemant from Navi Mumbai. I saw your review on tripadviser portal. Its indeed helpful. We(group of 15-16 friends) are planning to visit the Kerala in late December. We will be moving from Cohin in the morning to reach Munnar till 1pm. So we have this half day and whole next day to visit places in Munnar and vicinity. Which all places would you suggest us to visit or can be covered in this time? And can you tell me please provide me with the guide map of Munnar?

Edited: 08 November 2012, 13:59
Indore, India
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to visit in Munnar

There are so many places to visit in Munnar, Thekkady & Allepy.

For Munnar:

Adventure

-Rock Climbing and Rappelling

-Trekking

Architectural

-Mattupetti Dam

Wildlife

-Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary

-Rajamalai National Park (Eravikulam National Park)

Scenic

-Anamudi Peak

-Echo Point

For Alleppey:

Historical

-Karumadi

-Krishnapuram Palace

-Pandavan Rock

-Adventure

-Parasailing

Beaches, Lakes & Falls

-Alleppey Beach

-Houseboats

-Pathiramannal

For Thekkady:

Adventure

-Bamboo Rafting

-Border Hiking

Wildlife

-Periyar National Park

-Periyar Tiger Trail

Scenic

-Nature Walk

Alappuzha, India
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to visit in Munnar

Hi Friends,

Munnar DTPC is operating daily sight seeing trips in three directions.

1. Tea Valley Tour.

collecting from DTPC office, proceed to mattupetty dam, kundala dam, echo point up to top station and coming back for Lunch. Then move to Eravikulam national park and back to office at around 6PM - Tour cost Rs.300/- per head.

2. Sandal Valley Tour : Starting from DTPC office Munnar at 9-00AM and proceed to Marayoor sandalwood forest, , Chinnar wild life sanctuary and back. Tour Cost Rs.350/- per head.

3. Village Tour: Rs.400/- per head. collecting at 9-30AM, proceed to Devikulam, Lock heart Gap, Rajakkad, Chithirapuram, 2nd mile, pallivasal, Munnar.

enjoy the Munnar hill station!!!

Edited: 09 November 2012, 11:24