We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eranakulam to Munnar by Bus

Kolkata, India
11 posts
Save Topic
Eranakulam to Munnar by Bus

I want to visit Munnar on 17th and 18th December'2012. Our group size is 4+2. We want to travel through Bus from Ernakulam to Munnar by KSRTC bus. Can any one give idea which station will be nearer from KSRTC bus for Munnar 'Ernakulam Junction' or Ernakulam Town' as I am from Kolkata.

If I want to travel through Car what will be the charge for that?

- Dibyendu

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eranakulam to Munnar by Bus

Ernakulam junction is close to KSRTC bus station , you have prepaid auto counter at the exit of the junction railway station

or else if you walk through the platform to the north, it is 10 minutes walkable distance , but comfortable to use pre - paid auto

incase your train doesnt goes via ernakulam junction , you can get down at town station and use the prepaid counter , it should be approx 4 kms

a Tavera A/C will cost approx INR 4000/- for a drop to Munnar , Innova A/C approx INR 4600 . The cab charges from Ernakulam to Munnar and the return distance also

Kolkata, India
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eranakulam to Munnar by Bus

Thanks for the response

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eranakulam to Munnar by Bus

I think Aluva is better option than Ernakulam if your destination is Munnar, Private and KSTRC buses are available in Aluva- Munnar route.

Visakhapatnam...
Level Contributor
72 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eranakulam to Munnar by Bus

Aluva station is the best option to catch bus, else you may take taxi also. It saves you 2 hours in journey. If you take car, you may cover some interesting tourists spots including water falls on the way to Munnar. Remember dropping charge to Munnar includes return charge as well. Its best to have a car for whole of your journey or catch bus at Aluva and get local tours from kerala torism at Munnar.

5. Re: Eranakulam to Munnar by Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2012, 17:21
Munnar, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Eranakulam to Munnar by Bus

Dear Sir,

Ernakulam South will be Nearer were you can get KSRTC buses,for private buses you have to go Vytila Hub.

For Tavera May Cost around Rs.3500 for Drop

Regards

Pradeep

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eranakulam to Munnar by Bus

hi,

As said by the above Aluva is the better option .you will get lots of buses from this station. the DEC season is consider to be the peak so lots of pick up from munnar also the cabs are going regularly . you can ask your requirements post you requirement in TA for one way trip to Munnar.

Happy travel .

regards

KERALA DAYZ

Kolkata, India
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Eranakulam to Munnar by Bus

Thanks everyone those are answer my questions.

One more thing I want to know Can we book room after arriving Munnar on 17th December'12. My budget is 1200-1500/- and around KSRTC bus stand

Hyderabad, India
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Eranakulam to Munnar by Bus

i am planning to travel Munnar on 24th. How much time it takes from Aluva /angamaly/ ernakulam to reach Munnar.

1. What are best and economical travel ? Bus/ cab.

2. If bus what will be the fare for a AC Coach.

3. if it is cab what shall be the cost of a round trip, Alva-Munnar-Cochin 24t Dec. from Aluva - 27th Dec. at Cochin

needs some help and advise on above travel requirements

Visakhapatnam...
Level Contributor
72 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eranakulam to Munnar by Bus

See my previous reply. I think there is no a/c bus facility to Munnar.