We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance and driving time between Coimbatore and Munnar

Bangalore
2 posts
Save Topic
Distance and driving time between Coimbatore and Munnar

Hi,

Can someone tell me the distance and driving time for Coimbatore to Munnar, and also Cochin to Munnar.

I have found numbers like 160-250 kms for Coimbatore to Munnar, and am not sure what the real figure is.

Thanks,

Ayush

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance and driving time between Coimbatore and Munnar

Hi

Coimbatore to Munnar is around 160 KMS and would be around 4.5 hours. The route is: Coimbatore – Pollachi –Udumalapet – Chinnar – Munnar

Coimbatore – Pollachi (45 kms) a single but wide road. Pollachi – Udumalapet (40 kms) a single but wide road (lined with large windmill farms). The diversion to munnar comes soon after crossing Udumalpet and it’s a 75 km climb up the mountains untill Munnar. The road is pretty good, but be cautious of some narrow stretches and bends.

Ernakulam (Cochin) to Munar takes about 4 hrs and is approximately 135 km away. The Ernakulam route would be Cochin - Thripunithra - Muvattupuzha - Kothamangalam - Neriamangalam - Adimali - Pallivasal - Munnar. Roads are generally good.

regards

Rajan

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance and driving time between Coimbatore and Munnar

Well I just did this journey myself by car in January and took the shortest route between Coimbatore and Munnar (via Pollachi, Dhali and Udumalaipettai) which was around 160 kms. From what I remember we managed to do this under 5 hours.

We did Munnar-Cochin thereafter, which was lovely 4 hour drive (via Muvattupuzha and Vazhakala) till the outskirts of Cochin. The entry into the city took a nightmarish one hour!

Bangalore
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance and driving time between Coimbatore and Munnar

Thanks for the replies !

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
154 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance and driving time between Coimbatore and Munnar

I see that you are planning to visit Munnar.

check this single owner run hotel called windermere. I think it is an awesome places run tastefully by the owner in the middle of tea and pepper plantation.

kolkata
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance and driving time between Coimbatore and Munnar

Can anybody say the Cab/Taxi fare to travel from Coimbator to Munnar

kolkata
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance and driving time between Coimbatore and Munnar

Can someone tell me the driving time & Approx. fare for travel from Coimbatore to Munnar by Car/Taxi (non ac) - 4 persons?

7. Re: Distance and driving time between Coimbatore and Munnar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 12:47