We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road way to munnar from tirunelveli

chennai
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
road way to munnar from tirunelveli

I would like to know the best road route to munnar from tirunelveli by my car hyundai accent.

tahnks

spt

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: road way to munnar from tirunelveli

Hi

I guess you have two options

1. Mostly national highways, but slightly longer route would be Tirunelveli, Kovilpatti, Virudunagar, Madurai (all on NH7) and Maduari, Andipatti, Teni, Bodinaykanur - Devikulam - Munnar (on NH 49)

2. The shorter route partly on National Highways and partly on State Highways would be: Tirunelveli - Tenkasi - Rajapalayam -Srivalliputur - Kambam - Teni - Bodinaykanur - Devikulam - Munnar. (Tenkasi to Srivilliputur on NH 208)

regards

Rajan

chennai
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: road way to munnar from tirunelveli

thanks a lot rajan for yr best information.

like to visit nearby places by car from munnar any suggesions

sptcamy

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: road way to munnar from tirunelveli

You are welcome anytime SPT.

There are quite a few places around Munnar. Depending on the distance you would like to travel, you can pick and choose options. Your hotel at Munnar should be able to provide you the options. There are also quite a few suggestions available in this forum, if you search for Munnar and nearby places.

Rajan

4. Re: road way to munnar from tirunelveli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 00:49