We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munnar - itinerary for 11th - 18th DEC 2021

Jamshedpur, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
Save

Please help me set an itinerary for 7 days. I can take out every day 3-4 hours for roaming as I will be working alongside.

Don't suggest the popular crowdy areas, instead some hidden gems, please? I prefer it that way.

Also if possible please share some local tips to save money on local transport. And should I rent a scooter for little distance travel?

My stay is in "Sengulam PO, Anachal Rd, Munnar".

3 replies to this topic
Kerala, India
Level Contributor
281 posts
12 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: Munnar - itinerary for 11th - 18th DEC 2021
Save

There are over 3 dozen activities listed under this thread. You can choose what is of interest to you. https://www.tripadvisor.in/Attractions-g303881-Activities-oa30-Munnar_Idukki_District_Kerala.html

Yes you can hire a bike for your travel, contact your accommodation for reference

Edited: 02 December 2021, 11:55
Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,485 posts
144 reviews
552 helpful votes
2. Re: Munnar - itinerary for 11th - 18th DEC 2021
Save

i mentioned munnar itinerary in this post

https://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297631-i5501-k7753120-Munnar_Itinerary_Complete_sight_seeing_spots-Kerala.html

India
Level Contributor
76 posts
3. Re: Munnar - itinerary for 11th - 18th DEC 2021
Save

Hi,

Munnar Sightseeing places you can check while in your visit:-

Pothanmedu: - (6 km from Munnar) the rolling hills and the lush mountains here are ideal for trekking & long mountain walks.

Devikulam: - (07 km from Munnar) Devikulam or “the pond of Goddess” is named so, as it is believed that Sita, the consort of Lord Rama, once bathed here in the lake. This idyllic hill station with its velvet lawns, exotic flora & fauna and the cool mountain air is a rare experience. The Devikulam Lake is also ideal for trout fishing.

Attukad: - (09 km from Munnar) A land of waterfalls and inviting green hills, Attukad, located between Munnar & Pallivasal, is a feast for the eyes. The place is excellent for long treks.

Nyayamkad: - (10 km from Munnar) Located between Munnar & Rajamala, Nyayamakad island of breathtaking waterfalls.

Mattupetty: - (13 km Munnar) Situated at a height of 1700 m, Mattupetty is known for its highly specialized dairy farm – the Indo Swiss Livestock Project. The Mattupetty Dam just a short distance from the farm is a very beautiful picnic spot.

Lockhart Gap:- ( 13 Km from Munnar) This is an ideal place for adventure tourism and trekking. The fresh mountain air, the mist – clad hills and panoramic view make it worth the visit

Rajamala: - (15 km Munnar) this is the natural habitat of the endangered Nilgiri Thar (Mountain Goats). The total number of Nilgiri Tahrs in Rajamala is estimated at 1317.

Top Station: - Located on Kerala‘s border of Tamil Nadu, it affords a spectacular view over the Western Ghats

Eravikulam National Park: - (15 km from Munnar) the main attractions of this park situated in the Devikulam Taluk are the Nilagiri Tahr and the Neelakurinji flowers that bloom just once in 12 years. The highest peak in South India, Anamudi (2695 m), is located in the southern region of the park.

Edited: 11 December 2021, 10:26
Reply to: Munnar - itinerary for 11th - 18th DEC 2021
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.