We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private tour for 2 Cochi to Munnar with overnight stay

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
19 reviews
13 helpful votes
Private tour for 2 Cochi to Munnar with overnight stay
Save

I will be in Cochi India April 2022. I would like to do a private, 1 overnight tour from Cochi to Munnar. I've seen day tours that have everything I want but they last 12-14 hours. I would rather be at a slower pace and do an overnight in Munnar. I've not been successful in finding what I'm looking for from the US. Should I wait until I'm in Cochi and then ask hotel concierge help with planning something or just go with the long day tour? Thanks in advance for any advice.

9 replies to this topic
Agra, India
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
9,666 posts
13 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: Private tour for 2 Cochi to Munnar with overnight stay
Save

It will be good to do overnight tour or you can easily stay for 2 nights as it has beautiful landscape and fresh air. It is a hill station and former resort for the British Raj elite, it's surrounded by rolling hills with tea plantations.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
19 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: Private tour for 2 Cochi to Munnar with overnight stay
Save

Thank you for your reply.

My problem is I can't find any overnight tours. Will hiring a driver through the concierge at the hotel where I'm staying in Cochi be a possibility. If so, how does that work? Since it's an overnight will I get the driver a room in Munnar or will the driver find his/her own accommodations? Will driver stop along the way for interesting stops if requested to do so?

Edited: 03 November 2021, 19:02
Kerala, India
Level Contributor
281 posts
12 reviews
25 helpful votes
3. Re: Private tour for 2 Cochi to Munnar with overnight stay
Save

Hi Viclef, Generally you will find Munnar as a minimum 2 nights stop in the tour itinerary as you have more local sightseeing options there and also the time taken to travel up there during the daytime is 4 & 1/2 hours.

But if you only have a night for the visit there, you may do that. But start early from Kochi so that you reach there before noon. So you get a half-day and another half day the next day of your tour before you start back or proceed to your next destination

Usually, drivers sleep in the vehicle and use the refreshing facility at the hotels (3-star category and above hotels has some facilities for drivers , but again at Munnar not all have them ).

Yes drivers will stop for sightseeing options en route and will take you around the sights of interest to you in Munnar ( Get a rough plan discussed with them or the operator with whom you boo kthe cab servce)

Thanks

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
4. Re: Private tour for 2 Cochi to Munnar with overnight stay
Save

You may avail the services of a local tour operator, who can organise car, driver for the complete trip and book the hotels for you. Recommend 2 nights in Munnar. The package may include hotel with breakfast, all sight seeing, transfers and drop at Kochi.

Suresh P R

Palmland Tours, Kerala

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
16 helpful votes
5. Re: Private tour for 2 Cochi to Munnar with overnight stay
Save

Last night I returned from Munnar. I booked a local taxi driver for 5 days.

he was very cooperative / friendly and good in English.

I am passing his number to you you can talk to him. if you are Okay with him your mostly issue will be resolved.

A good thing is he charges very reasonable rate.

Akhil / 8921261341

Edited: 18 November 2021, 13:59
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
19 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Private tour for 2 Cochi to Munnar with overnight stay
Save

Thanks for the information. Was he located out of Cochi or Munnar?

How is his English?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Private tour for 2 Cochi to Munnar with overnight stay
Save

Did you ever go? How did you organise and who did you use? Thanks

Kerala, India
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
8. Re: Private tour for 2 Cochi to Munnar with overnight stay
Save

OP mentions in her first post that the trip is planned for April 2022

Kottayam, India
Level Contributor
96 posts
365 reviews
149 helpful votes
9. Re: Private tour for 2 Cochi to Munnar with overnight stay
Save

You can book a cab with the driver after your check in at Kochi hotel. Room can be booked online. Most drivers are very cooperative.

Reply to: Private tour for 2 Cochi to Munnar with overnight stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.